DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Heated drivers seat not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MarkB110

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Heated drivers seat not working

Hello All

the drivers seat heater has stopped working. At least summer is on it's way Laughing

All others are fine - the manual shows only one fuse for the front seats so that is ok.

However when moving the seat right back and up there is a bunch of wires that come into view, the green and black wire has broken and exposing the copper core. Any idea what this is and if it is actually connected to the original fault?

Any thoughts appreciated otherwise will have to have a chat with the local stealer

Cheers Very Happy

Mark

Post #60322814th Feb 2010 2:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I would say you probably don't need the forum to tell you the answer to that one Whistle
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #60323414th Feb 2010 2:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Mark, while you're at it and in case it's not the chaffed wire Rolling Eyes , ask them to check the connector itself; my passenger heated seat had gone for no apparent reason and it turned out to be the element connector being lose (and I was told this didn't show up in the IDS either, down to good old problem tracing). Thumbs Up

Post #60444916th Feb 2010 4:07 pm
MarkB110

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks Biz

On our D2 the element packed up but as we had our eye on the D3 we decided it was not worth the costs to replace it.

So hopefully a cheap easy fix

Post #60451716th Feb 2010 6:41 pm
Flatcoat

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I've had the same problem over Winter with the front Heated Seats only working intermittantly. At first I thought it was a dodgy fuse or wires but more recently I think it may be down to Alternator output..??

I bought a new Bosch S4 Battery and this made no difference.

I have been looking at the battery voltage on the Sat Nav screeen and the seats work ok if the voltage is circa +13volts.

The rear heated seats work fine.

I've also noticed that the Aircon looses its efficiency so again put that down to Alternator...??

If I turn off the vehicle after its warm and let all the systems reset the Front Heated Seats work fine.

It always appears to be worse when the vehicle has been sitting overnight and when its cold (funny that). I think the Fuel Burning Heater alos put a demand on the electrics and if you add on the Heated Front Windscreen the Heated seats don't get enough juice.

Any others got similar experiences...??

Post #60454316th Feb 2010 7:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >