Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

does anybody know what this pipe is for
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Patroltodisco

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
does anybody know what this pipe is for

hi could anybody tell me what this pipe is for as i have just bought this 2012 d4 ex police and when i opened the bonnet i saw this now i drove it back 170 miles with no problem very responsive and not lacking in power but when i found this pipe i pushed it back onto where the pipe comes up which is in the picture i then took it for a drive and instantly went into restricted performance and would not go over 60 miles an hour when i got back i cleared the code and took the pipe of and it drives fine again although pulling away at low revs i can here a sound like some one is blowing a blade of grass in the palm of their hands (sorry but its the only way i can describe it) for about a second then its all ok any help would be appreciated as i dont want to give it to a main dealer and im worried my mechanic will not have a clue

Post #174073628th Nov 2016 4:44 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

What was the fault code?

Post #174075028th Nov 2016 5:13 pm
Patroltodisco

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

hi I only have a cheap generic code reader and all it said was manufacturer control but the code was p1247

Post #174075528th Nov 2016 5:21 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic130042.html

Post #174077428th Nov 2016 6:02 pm
Patroltodisco

The strange thing is it drives fine albeit the little noise I hear but it has loads of power but as soon as I push that pipe back on it goes into limp mode

Post #174085528th Nov 2016 8:38 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

The pipe coming up vertically is the oil suction pipe to suck the oil from the sump on an oil change. It should have a black plastic bayonet type cap on it.

The other pipe is from memory a vacuum pipe. It fits on the air cleaner housing. Look just below and behind the rear air mass meter you should see a stub sticking out. This allows it to draw clean air from the filtered air in the air filter housing.

Regards
Steve

Post #174095528th Nov 2016 11:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Patroltodisco

Steve Norman I will have a look tomorrow you have me worried now as if that vac hose is suction pipe I may have sucked oil into the vacuum system cos when I pulled the pipe back off a drop of oil did run down the side of the metal pipe

Post #174097129th Nov 2016 12:40 am
dgardel

Italy 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

SteveNorman wrote:
The pipe coming up vertically is the oil suction pipe to suck the oil from the sump on an oil change. It should have a black plastic bayonet type cap on it.

The other pipe is from memory a vacuum pipe. It fits on the air cleaner housing. Look just below and behind the rear air mass meter you should see a stub sticking out. This allows it to draw clean air from the filtered air in the air filter housing.

Regards
Steve

Yes, this is the cap

The other pipe look like this one (but on the Filter side)

Click image to enlarge

Callout 9P761, LR017433 VACUUM HOSE [ (V)AA000001 - ]
 Discovery 5 tdv6 HSE Corris Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License

Post #174102129th Nov 2016 8:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Patroltodisco

Would just like to say a big thanks to everyone who has steered me in the right place for these pipes I have not had a chance to look yet but I'm sure you are right as I have seen pictures and diagrams which were very helpful I even got the seats I wanted today from an ad I posted in the wanted section this forum is the best by far thanks again

Post #174135329th Nov 2016 8:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >