Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

auto electrician know it all
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
auto electrician know it all

Been messing about with the retro fit sat nav recently and got to the stage where i just needed the wires soldering to the ones coming from the auxiliary 12 volt connecter so whilst i had a spare hour and was passing a local auto electricians unit near me decided to pop in , told the guy what i wanted i.e. 2 wires soldering to the ones mentioned, at this stage i already had the h trim off and most of the dash apart Whistle so should of been simple (not) Evil or Very Mad , one look at the wiring that all connects with the green plug on top off dash and he says we will just pick up a live and negative from there Shocked no i said i want it done from the 12v connecter as others have as its tried and tested so as sat nav turns off with power (as garmins do) you don't need that he said so proceeds to connect from live and negative at top of dash , lo and behold it dosent work Embarassed so after the red face and apology then takes live off 12v and hea presto to it works Whistle now i have the negative wire still connected to one of the wires in the bundle on top of the dash and since this connection my heated seats no longer work Big Cry lighs on switches are working and I've checked fuses ,question is are the seats wired from here so would this have any effect as going back tomorrow to ask Question

Post #88944427th Jan 2012 9:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >