Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

Web Based CCF editing for New Evo & SDD by BBS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
kp

United Kingdom 

Cheers Aide Smile

During my googles I found something about brightness as well but ill try them and see I guess Smile
 FFRR Owner, very nearly became a D3 owner Smile
Test piloted a new D4 XS SDV6.. Gone and being forgotten i hope!!
D4 HSE 10MY
D4 XS 11MY
SSRR Destroyer *2 Smile 

Post #10686139th Mar 2013 12:39 am
wantmedic

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Put my vin in and all good, seems dead easy to navigate. Only extra may be a hint or help box on the options so you know what they mean.. 4x4 info as an example, is this just changing the system to a high level version?
 2 D3 ‘s’ ambulance conversions and 2 D3 ‘SE’ for home (His and Hers)
110 for the nasty stuff (Now Retired) 

Post #111760815th Jun 2013 12:12 pm
kestrelpc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just tried mine, work fine, interestingly it tells me my bluetooth is activated, very clever as I don't have bluetooth fitted (if only), other than a few oddities (as mentioned by others) this looks like it will be a nice easy to use system Thumbs Up

Post #111762615th Jun 2013 12:58 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for the input guys

We have become quite accustomed to encountering obvious errors in a few of Land Rovers "AS BUILT" files.
For example there are a few files that have a D3 VIN but have the model type set as a Range Rover Sport Rolling Eyes

But these are the files provided by LR for their dealers and the SDD system, and what is programmed in when the vehicle is built and we do absolutely decode these files correctly, errors and all.

Clearly there are such a vast numbers of settings and we cannot possibly detail them all with specific help, however we do intend to add a help capability that will detail all the most applicable and relevant ones that will be expanded over time.

Right now, as am sure you will agree, this demonstation is pretty amazing and clearly demonstrates our ability to sucessfully provide the CCF settings of any vehicle from nothing more than a VIN number and allow easy editing of anything anyone could wish for.

No one could be left in any doubt that this represents a huge leap forward from the days when no one had even heard of a CCF.

Post #111870217th Jun 2013 5:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dcwilliams29id

United States 

I just looked mine up, and it worked fine. 2006 LR3 SE - LRNA

Post #111927718th Jun 2013 6:45 pm
stingerrevo

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Anymore info on this being released for uses yet. Thanks.
 Land Rover Master Guild Technician.
2005 LR3 230k Brembo brakes front, 20 sport wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust both cats back, Euro LED Tail Lights.
2006 LR3 120k stock its the wifes.
2005 LR3 124K Silver currently rebuilding engine. 

Post #11275006th Jul 2013 3:45 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Progress on both the Nanocom Evolution software to cover Can Bus Vehicles and the Genesis functions that it will use for CCF editing and ECU flashing is continuing on a daily basis and is occuring very slowly but also very surely.

Of course we all wish this could be developed and introduced really quickly, but as you can see from the Demo provided of the CCF edit function on Genesis, this is not something quick and simple that we are just throwing together here.

By further example, although many may have already have logged into Genesis using the Demo account to experiance the CCF editing function first hand, which is impressive and amazing enough, now if you log in you will also see the ECU Flashing database and file selection function.

In many ways, in developing this, we are completely re inventing vehicle diagnostic equipment, and we are sure that when released this equipment will be a huge technological leap forward and quickly become the defacto must have for all Land Rover owners.

Therefore the last thing we want to do is rush it Thumbs Up

Post #11280937th Jul 2013 6:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
alex_pescaru

Hello and long time no see!
It's so good to observe that things are moving in the right direction!

I came back on this site after some time and I see that the idea of replacing the AS_BUILT CCFs in the SDD tool, the one I've advanced here ( http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post804852.html#804852 ) two years ago, is not so bad after all...

BBS SPY wrote:
Re modifying OEM as built data files:
Sounds great in theory and you do seem to come up with a lot of brain storm theory Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
But as a file fiddler ( Laughing ) you must have noticed the line in VBF files like this
file_checksum = 0x367F5BD7
If you modify the file this will have to be re calculated.
That's actually the easy bit for someone used to dealing with such stuff on a daily basis, and is for the VBF file itself. The one for the data is simply embedded in the data itself of course and while is technically a check sum, is actually more a cypher algorythm with seed numbers and so on.

And, with no offense intended, to answer to your words above, do you think the numbers 0x1021 (CRC-16-CCITT) and 0x04C11DB7 (CRC32), not necessary in that order, are any good at all for VBF (and therefore CCF) editing? Very Happy

BBS SPY wrote:
Thats actually why no one else could do even the most basic of CCF editing except us for a really long while.

To quote your words above, this "sounds great in theory", but in reality many are doing this around here since a little while after our discussion two years ago...

All the best with your products !

PS: And still waiting for that update on FCR firmware for Freelander 2, for accessing the MOST devices... Thumbs Up

Post #113089113th Jul 2013 9:38 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Clearly, myself and everyone else has spent the last two years eagerly awaiting for some news of your own developments in this CCF edit respect Alex

Post #113184315th Jul 2013 6:54 pm
alex_pescaru

Really? Do you want me to post more details about how one can modify VBF (and CCF) files, their internal arrangement and how you can recompute the checksums?

And because I sense a little sarcasm in your words, I can ask in the same manner: when and how can I have a fully functional FCR product? Because since the last 2 years nothing but promises of future fixes?

I really don't understand your tone/sarcasm in your messages even since the beginning, 2 years ago...
Need I remind you that I have nothing to loose if I post any information, for anyone to use, as I don't sell anything? And there are people that could confirm that I don't mind sharing any information that I have...

Post #113193215th Jul 2013 9:23 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Alex
Chill, i apologize for not using a smilie to indicate i was only making a joke based upon your prior technical comments rather than attempting to be sarcastic abrasive or argumentative. But i know that posts can so easily be mis interpreted, so no worries Wink

Actually i have a bit of very special hardware on my Laptop that although not very technical, does absolutely prevent me from making any negative posts.

Click image to enlarge

Although totally off topic on this thread and indeed forum, no worries, i did honestly say from the start that fixing the FL2 stuff, FCR or otherwise was a low priority to us compared to what else we have been working on and would take some time, albeit i never imagined it to take this long Rolling Eyes

But as you know from the FL2 forum thread we have at last got round to this and have now fixed this problem in the FCR not accessing the Most Bus systems a few weeks back. We have produced a firmware upgrade that we have tested on a vehicle but have not generally released this as we are still hunting down a silly bug in the Legacy L322 EMS we of course want to include in the released version.

I was hoping you might be willing to beta test this FL2 fix for us.

If you would like to drop me a PM with your E-Mail details or indeed an E-Mail, i will supply you with a copy of the relevant firmware upgrade.

ATB

Colin

Post #113233316th Jul 2013 6:14 pm
alex_pescaru

I've flashed the 1.9 firmware for using with my MY2009 L359.
Sorry, but still with errors....

For example, my Audio Control module has kept throwing an error during time.
The error is: U3000-87-2F: Control module, Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

But the FCR is saying:
P0000 - Unknown fault P0000 - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

So the decoding of the error is (partially) faulty...

Communication's dump between car and FCR:
784 08 02 10 03 00 00 00 00 00
78C 08 06 50 03 00 32 01 F4 00
784 08 06 31 01 03 00 00 80 00
78C 08 04 71 01 03 00 00 00 00
784 08 03 19 02 AF 00 00 00 00
78C 08 07 59 02 FF F0 00 87 2F
784 08 04 31 02 03 00 00 00 00
78C 08 04 71 02 03 00 00 00 00

F0 00 87 2F is translating to U3000, isn't it? Not P0000....

And to not be totally off-topic, as you've said, here is a piece of mind about CCF editing:
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic17185.html

Post #116507630th Sep 2013 4:39 pm
stingerrevo

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Is this up and running now that we could say buy a password or user account to modify ccf's if we have said sdd software. I have swapped nav into a vehicle that did not have it and my tech/help line will not give me coded password to change my ccf to allow it to work as it should. Thanks for the information.
 Land Rover Master Guild Technician.
2005 LR3 230k Brembo brakes front, 20 sport wheels, Magnaflow Exhaust both cats back, Euro LED Tail Lights.
2006 LR3 120k stock its the wifes.
2005 LR3 124K Silver currently rebuilding engine. 

Post #131162615th Jul 2014 9:11 pm
SkyBear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
I have a nano evo2 and use this facility and it works excellently. Easy to edit the CCF and upload back to the vehicle as well as save your CCF to restore if required later. In fact you can save multiple version as you go along can not recommend it highly enough.

SB
 Black 05 V8SE  
Post #131163115th Jul 2014 9:24 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Genesis is and always has been a very capable and increadibly powerful example of future possibilties that has been proven and tested in the field but still remains so well ahead of its time that in many ways is so advanced that we feel most cannot comprehend or come to terms with the over internet and futuristic diagnosing possibilities it is actually capable of providing.

For a number of reasons, not least of all the relatively low cost of purchasing our Nanocom Evolution equipment, we have concentrated on tailoring the immense amount of capability and power Genesis adds to this.

As SkyBear says, and notes Genesis provides everthing required for CCF editing and flashing all and any ECUs in a real easy and super simple to use way and to boot provides a whole raft of quite nice and usable additional features and capability.

ATB

Colin

Post #131193116th Jul 2014 5:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >