Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Towing Mirrors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
al cope

England 

One of the issues this thread highlights is that different members are replying from their own POV and their own car. So if you have a D3 or early D4 with the squarer door mirrors you have a bit more choice for towing mirrors. Milenco still seem to be the preferred choice ( with the longer extension arms if you have an 8’ wide van)

But for later D4 and D5 with curved top mirrors there’s not as much choice. I have milenco with one LR pad and one flat pad on each one, the inner tube mod to assist grip, and longer arms to see round our 8’ wide van. Worked for a few thousand miles so far..

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #221153717th Feb 2021 5:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al cope

England 

I think I have posted this bit before, but on my last D4 (my16) and my D5 I haven’t been able to fit the milenco mirrors along the bottom edge of the door mirror as if you lock the car, the door mirrors fold in, and subsequently the arms of the towing mirrors hit the door, so I fit mine along the top of the curved door mirrors.

But, heading down the M5 last weekend I passed a couple of late model D4’s and a D5 with milenco mirrors fitted along the bottom edge, so my guess is they hadn’t locked the car yet with the towing mirrors fitted Shocked

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #22335972nd Jun 2021 8:06 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
James W

United Kingdom 

FWIW - I have milenco aero mirrors and they fitted my (pre facelifted) square D4 mirrors just fine, on the top edge. The FFRR has more rounded mirrors, I hadn't given it any thought before I went away this weekend with the van for the first time (with the FFRR) and I just had to adjust the clamp 'bodies' into a new position for each mirror, they fitted fine and securely, no new pads or anything. The clamps are just closer together but they were fine and stable in use.
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #22336242nd Jun 2021 10:23 am
al cope

England 

On my older D4 and both D3’s the milenco mirrors fitted at the bottom, on the later D4 and D5 with curved mirrors they are fitted at the top, and this is because when you lock the car, the mirrors auto fold in, you can’t disable this function. So with mirrors fitted at the bottom the arms hit the door.

My comment was that the folks I saw at the weekend haven’t found this out yet😉

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #22336312nd Jun 2021 11:07 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Not ALL Discoverys have mirrors which fold.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #22336462nd Jun 2021 12:17 pm
al cope

England 

I thought all MY16 and onwards did.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #22336552nd Jun 2021 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >