Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

AM/FM and IAM2.1
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AussiePeterJ

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
AM/FM and IAM2.1

Well, that's a lot of jargon so here is the longer story.
Once upon a time awhile ago all of a sudden I was no longer able to select the AM/FM radio from my screen, or for that matter from the mode dial. After some discussion with my local LR dealer and others on the Aust forum I came to the conclusion that it was the IAM2.1 unit and replacement was the only option. So, I acquired another IAM2.1 (from the UK) and have only just gotten around to putting it in, tell you the truth I hated the idea of pulling the IP apart, anyway, it’s now in bits and unfortunately no change.

I was surprised that it found the home (Australian) DAB stations straight off, I just turned it on after plugging it in and there they were. The UK maps are certainly there but still no AM/FM. I guess I could have bought a dud, but really!. Anyway, have others come across this problem? Both are CF6N units with the replacement one being an “101E” model the old one 105B.

Anyway, any thoughts on what might be the problem would be very appreciated.

As an aside, has anyone pulled one of these things apart, and do you know if it is possible to swap the hard disc drives over.

Thanks

Peter
 MY13 D4 Nara Bronze HSE, Almond Interior, E-Diff, 20" for the road, 18" GOE for the fun stuff, Traxide, OL Bar, GAP IIDTool, Pioneer Tray, DAB+ LOGIC & ICE retro-fit, Vintage SAV Marchal Driving lights (weird I know but what can I say).......more to come  
Post #208644324th Sep 2019 6:26 am
Fifth Horseman

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Losing the ability to select the AM/FM function seems to me to be more like a CCF error, you hadn't been changing anything with the IIDTool prior to this had you?

It is physically possible to change the hair drive in the IAM, however I don't know if there is a software/firmware lock which prevents this. Although the drive has the same physical connector as a normal 2.5 inch drive it is not possible to read or even identify it with a normal computer.

Post #208645524th Sep 2019 6:57 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

As your talking about the IAM being 2.1 you must be talking about a 2012MY or newer car and as you haven’t said Ver 3 or similar I’m also guessing no newer than 2013 MY.

So, have you checked all the antenna are connected? Does everything else work?

Post #208653724th Sep 2019 10:13 am
AussiePeterJ

Hi, thanks for both replies. I noticed the original fault quite some time ago but have not been of a mind to fix it until now. Your comment Fifth Horseman about the CCF makes me wonder. I retro fitted DAB+ and Logic 7 to the car October 2016, so a new Audio amp, DAB module, rear speakers and front centre speaker and the CCF changes to initialise the system. I do not recall specifically checking that the AM/FM worked afterward, but I think I did, I found it one day when I was on an interstate trip and wanted to listen to the radio and found it did not work. So, I guess it's possible that the code in the file that I used via my GAP IIDtool is not working. When I touch the screen the "button" beeps but the radio is not activated. I believe I have my original CCF from when I initialised the IIDtool, so if I did a restore, then the DAB would stop working, but if the AM/FM started working I would have my culprit.

The question about the hair drive, well I was thinking about swapping it from the original IAM to the other, but not to worry, it was a bit of a left field thought around UK maps and Aust maps as I have seen on another forum that Aust maps can not be setup on a UK origin IAM. As I said, not to worry.

Yeah, sorry it is a Aust Dec 2013 delivered vehicle, and yes both units are Level 3. The DAB certainly works, as does CD, USB and Bluetooth streaming. I would have thought if it was, for instance a bad antenna connection that the radio function would actually select, just no reception. The DAB reception is prone to interference and drop out but it does work.
 MY13 D4 Nara Bronze HSE, Almond Interior, E-Diff, 20" for the road, 18" GOE for the fun stuff, Traxide, OL Bar, GAP IIDTool, Pioneer Tray, DAB+ LOGIC & ICE retro-fit, Vintage SAV Marchal Driving lights (weird I know but what can I say).......more to come  
Post #208655624th Sep 2019 10:50 am
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I've got the same issue after a media upgrade and think it must be CCF related too.

Do you have button behaviour similar to this: Question

https://disco4.com/forum/my2014-xxv-radio-...73944.html
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #208656824th Sep 2019 11:06 am
AussiePeterJ

Yes, that is it exactly. Thanks, I will have a read tomorrow and work through it.

Peter
Post #208657924th Sep 2019 11:48 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

There aren’t that many CCF edits for AM/FM as it’s an ‘Integrated Audio Module’.

Can you PM me your VIN and I’ll check the CCF against another.

Post #208665124th Sep 2019 3:03 pm
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

After reading some notes and re-reading your post, I think your DAB CCF settings maybe an issue. Can you get the DAB 1, DAB 2, FM 1, FM2 preset buttons options up? Or is it defaulting to DAB straight away?

Can you post photos of your screen options? I’m wondering if the reason pressing the Radio button just beeps is because you are already on the radio, just the wrong radio.

Post #208665824th Sep 2019 3:17 pm
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Here’s my screen with RADIO and DAB RADIO

Post #208668124th Sep 2019 3:56 pm
AussiePeterJ

M3bobby wrote:
There aren’t that many CCF edits for AM/FM as it’s an ‘Integrated Audio Module’.

Can you PM me your VIN and I’ll check the CCF against another.

PM sent, I will work on the other things today while you have a snooze. Wink
Post #208678124th Sep 2019 9:32 pm
AussiePeterJ

Happy Days

Well, a very successful day Very Happy

So, following on from Famousfive post about the CCF changes I looked back at my notes when I did the DAB install and Logic 7 upgrade and found 5 CCF edits to enable the new hardware. 2 related to DAB install and 3 for the audio upgrade.
Initially I set about reversing the CCF changes one at a time and checking to see if AM/FM was re-enabled but no success by the completion of the removal of all the changes. So, I did the IIDtool CCF initial file upload and success. I now had AM/FM radio, no Logic 7 and no DAB, that is to say, as per original vehicle configuration. I was very happy with this as it proved that there was no hardware issue.
Next step was to reconfigure the system so first CCF change was change to Premium Audio System from High Performance Audio. AM/FM was still there after the change. Second step change Audio Amplifier to AUD4 from AUD2C and enable small centre speaker, again, AM/FM remained but still no DAB.
This was the step I thought would cause the trouble, I enabled "DAB" and "Fitted with DAB" in the CCF tested all functions and everything works perfectly.

Having had time to reflect, I do recall checking all of the audio system functions post the initial install and CCF changes. What I remembered later was that I took the vehicle down to an indie workshop and asked them to run a Logic 7 calibration routine that was available on their diagnostic tool, but not available on GAP. I do not recall ever checking AM/FM after that procedure until I found it not working at some point in time after that. That's not to say that that was the cause of the problem, it's just my recollection of the sequence of events of the changes I made to the car.

Thank you all for your assistance, hopefully this will also prove useful to other forum members and certainly an interesting insight into the critical nature of CCF changes with these vehicles.

regards

Peter
Post #208682025th Sep 2019 6:50 am
Famousfive

Ukraine 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

great news 8)

So it looks like these later units are a bit sensitive to CCF edit order then. I will try similar on mine when I get a moment and report back.

Nice work Peter Thumbs Up
 Stolen - D4 Loire Blue
D4 Bali Blue 

Post #208682225th Sep 2019 6:55 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >