Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Tyre Advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AdamB

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Tyre Advice

Hi all, my new to me 2006 D3 is wearing 18" 5 split spoke wheels and a space saver. No desire to change the wheels though I am thinking about putting a full size spare on.

I used to run Kumho MT51 tyres on my D1 and D2, I liked the durability and to be honest the look (which is foolish I know). They weren't the quietest but then a D1 and D2 aren't anyway so wasn't an issue, the D3 is relatively quiet so perhaps it would spoil it.

I can get them in a 265/60/18 but my concern is if it's drops to its bump stops is the car still mobile? I have searched but I can't find anything other than that size should fit a D3 without any rubbing.

Alternatively I'd love to hear any other suggestions of a durable/reinforced AT tyre that's still decent on road. I'm finding it difficult with the required load rating. I've no specific desire to go bigger but I'm not against it.

Thanks for reading, if I've missed the answers in my search feel free to send some abuse my way!

Post #23249201st Feb 2023 8:32 am
Ivan

United Kingdom 

Take a look in the Wiki here. It lists all the tyre sizes for a d3. Also compare the sizes using this .

HTH

Ivan
 2013 RR Vogue SE SDV8
2013 Freelander 2 HSE Luxury SD4 

Post #23249221st Feb 2023 8:49 am
AdamB

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Decided to go with a set of Michelin Latitude Cross 255/60 R18 112V. Decent price from Costco, will keep the best tyre (a Scorpion Zero) from the car and fit to a full size spare meaning I've only got to buy four.

I remembered the D1 and D2 feeling slower when I went for a larger tyre. After wafting about in the relative peace and luxury of the D3 for a few days enjoying having sufficient power etc it seemed daft to do something to spoil that and potentially cause other issues not to mention insurance.

Hopefully they'll stand up to the odd rock if I do get the chance to go on a relaxed laning trip at some point.

Post #23255725th Feb 2023 10:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >