tyre sealant, any good???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Hobgoblin

Location: As always, in the sh*t, it's only the depth that varies

Spain 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4
Re: Tyre Sludge....

SHARKYSHARKS wrote:
Used it in my Scania ok till you come to change the tyre, and man what a mess, down side though it can disguise some serious tyre damage and by the time you find out its new tyre time Exclamation Exclamation

Confused Confused If the tyre had serious damage Shocked I would fit a new one Exclamation Exclamation whether or not it had sealant in it Question
 I'm not as good as I once was........but I'm as good once as I ever was.  
Post #42916626th Feb 2009 9:48 am
muppetlab

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hmmmm Now i am not so sure, seems not many people use this stuff, might be worth a try on a trip into the back of beyond but maybe not worth the hassle in the uk. I suppose if it was that brilliant everyone would be using it. As mentioned makes a right mess when tyre removed, as i thought it might. You watch i bet i get puncture on the way home tonight now i've said that!!
 Corrado Vr6
Disco 3 tdv6
Lr 90 3.9 v8 

Post #42920726th Feb 2009 11:00 am
Hobgoblin

Location: As always, in the sh*t, it's only the depth that varies

Spain 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

I have used this stuff for the last 10 years, in a variety of vehicles, including HGV and high performing Ferrari and Porsche. I haven't noticed it making a mess as I don't often take my tyres off the rims unless I'm fitting new ones, then all that is needed is to make sure that ALL the air is out of the tyre before you break the bead, then hey presto, no mess Rolling Eyes

I am running some tyres that have no balance weights and the Tyre Guard has balanced the wheels, I have also put it in my wifes Commander fitted with TPM system with no issues. I have even put it in a tyre that has been punctured and it has repaired the it. For legal reasons it will not protect the side walls, it coats the tread area of the tyre.

IMO, does it work Question Yes. It is one of the first things I do with every car I get, or whenever I get new tyres.
 I'm not as good as I once was........but I'm as good once as I ever was.  
Post #42922226th Feb 2009 11:28 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

Hobgoblin wrote:
I'm fitting new ones, then all that is needed is to make sure that ALL the air is out of the tyre before you break the bead, then hey presto, no mess Rolling Eyes

so are we saying that this stuff doesn't get spread to the area of the valve and that letting the air out is OK from valve? In which case it wouldn't get inside a TPM system????

what about these emergency can that repair and inflate the tyre are these any good? are they worth carrying ?

Post #42923826th Feb 2009 12:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >