Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Warning! Ultraleds.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
D'arkuk

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Warning! Ultraleds.

It might be worth having a look at this:http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic23880-15.html

I’ve been back off my holiday now for a week and a half and after catching up at work I’ve finally got around to looking at my bank statement, after finding that there was no credit from Ultraleds I gave the Invoice to Christine in accounts and asked her to chase them up. I was doing some online banking at the time that she made the call so as luck would have it I happened to be in the same office as her, the conversation went as follows:

Christine: Hello it’s Christine here from * * * ******, we sent some goods back to you about four weeks ago for a credit that we don’t seam to have received, could I give you the invoice number?
Chap (He didn’t give his name): Did you follow the returns procedure EXACTALY!
Christine: I was just asked by my MD to repackage the bulbs and send them back to you for a credit.

Christine, realising I was aware of her making the call and that I had turned around in my chair to face her desk, said:

Christine: Please could you hold the line and I’ll put you through to him.

With a rye smile and a nod from me the extension rang and when I picked it up the line was dead. Now I already knew that she had sent them back when I’d asked her too. However when I asked how she had sent them she told me that they had only gone first class and not recorded. Not to worry I said call them back Christine they may (not wanting to give the game away that I was already expecting trouble) have just dropped off the line.

Christine: Hello its Christine from * * * ****** I was just speaking to a Gentleman, unfortunately I didn’t get his name, I was putting him through to Mr ******* but I think we may have cut him off, could I speak to him again please?
Rob: I overheard the conversation, I know all about it.
Christine: Could I just pop you through to Mr *******

This time the call went through.

Me: Hi it’s Chris here from * * * ****** who’s that please?
Rob: It’s Rob

At this point I politely reminded Rob of the scenario and why we where chasing the credit up, only omitting any points that may have been antagonistic, such as his appalling attitude the last time I spoke to him.

Rob: Nothings come back or I’d have it

All though I fully admit that the LED’s could have genuinely been lost in the post, this was said with the certainty that only comes from someone that got there product back and was fully aware that it had not been sent by recorded delivery.

Rob: Any way we’ve never had any problems with these bulbs.

This was said in such a way as to leave me with no doubt that Rob was insinuating that the LED’s worked, I had not sent them back and was trying it on.

Me: Well Rob that’s an out and out lie isn’t it?
Rob: What do you mean?
Me: I’m a member of a large forum and quite a number of people from that forum have purchased LED’s from you, to be faire most people have had no problems but some have. The few that have had problems with there LED’s then seem to have problems in dealing with your company and I know for a fact that some of them have dealt with you specifically.
Rob: Forums are just a place for people to (I can’t quite remember the way the phrased it but it was very derogatory) and I just don’t (lots of distain in the voice) care, OK!

The phone then went dead.

As with anything in life it’s a personal choice as to what you do but I hope that if you do consider using Ultraleds you at least take heed of this.
 Brute force and ignorance, the D3 does the rest.  
Post #34280311th Sep 2008 7:41 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

After originally recommending this company on this site after initially getting good service.... I too have been less than satisfied with their service and products of late. It's a real shame that some companies just can't seem to get the customer thing right at all.

I wouldn't use them again either Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #34281311th Sep 2008 7:49 pm
jkp

Scotland 

I had an non-to-unsimilar experience. I had a lamp go dud on me within a week, after calling to see what could be done, I was also left in no doubt that it was soley my fault, their products are perfect and that i'm onto a loser...matey !!!

Customer service within a company is what makes it a success..not in their case though.

Steer clear, but as mentioned above the choice is yours i'm sure they have ooodles of happy customers.

Post #34281511th Sep 2008 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Me too, just received. this email back from the, maybe time for us all to block them and put the word about:-

You can also tell other forum members from us its customers like yourself that have made us decide to stop selling car led bulbs please ask your members from us to go and annoy other company in future the car market makes us one percent of our one million turnover and really not worth all the petty moaning we get from it

We obey the law just a shame we don't give in when your members try and rip us off

Ultraleds
------Original Message------
To: Ultraleds.co.uk
Sent: 11 Sep 2008 20:00
Subject: Enquiry from Ultraleds.co.uk

DO NOT USE THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Post #34284511th Sep 2008 8:24 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Because this site cross-links to other forums with high traffic, stuff we post here gets to appear pretty high up on google listings.

So here it is for those looking for it:

REVIEW (Google loves that word)
ULTRALEDS
ULTRALED

Utter utter rubbish. Dreadful customer service. Avoid.

Twisted Evil
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #34284811th Sep 2008 8:27 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

Idea If you purchased your LED's via credit card can you not contact your credit card company and get your money back that way Question
 1996 Discovery 1 300TDI ES Biarritz Blue, sold
1999 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Rioja Red, sold
2002 Discovery 2 TD5 ES Buckingham Blue, sold
2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Adriatic Blue, sold
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver, sold
2011 Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze, sold
2016 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD Lux Nav Twilight Bronze, sold
2020 Range Rover Evoque P250 First Edition, Nolita grey, sold
2023 Range Rover Evoque P300e Autobiography, Carpathian grey 

Post #34285511th Sep 2008 8:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

ultraleds wrote:

We obey the law just a shame we don't give in when your members try and rip us off

Ultraleds

So by selling faulty goods then either denying their return or claiming no fault found and refusing a refund they are obeying the law? I don't recall their registered office having a Moscow address Confused

Just for the benefit of Google: Ultraleds are to be avoided at all costs. Shocking customer service.

Right, off to edit any recommendations I may have made in the past Thumbs Up
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #34287511th Sep 2008 8:53 pm
D'arkuk

My God jcbdigger1970, I shouldn't be after dealing with Ultraleds but I'm gob smacked that they actually sent you that. It's one thing behaving like that over the phone but putting all that in writing, I'm at a loss for words.

Woody179, I don't have a company credit (far to tempting and no real need) card and although I should have known better I used my personal debit card to pay. Apart from that in my case (one of my Accounts ladies) Christine didn't send the LED's back by recorded delivery. It guiles me but if loosing £ 40.00 helps another Disco3.co.uk member not make the same mistake, I'll end up feeling a bit better about things. However I would strongly recommend that if you have paid by credit card you should attempt to get your money back.

NoDo$h. Thumbs Up

Ultraled, Ultraleds, Ultraled's, Led, Leds, Led's, lamps, lights, side lights, bulbs, replacement, bright, brighter. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by D'arkuk on 11th Sep 2008 10:22 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #34288411th Sep 2008 9:10 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Seeems that we are not the only ones getting poor service ....just look through some of theses google pages

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&s...0&sa=N

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic....0017afde4e
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #34290511th Sep 2008 9:39 pm
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
AAA Ultraleds are crap

AAAAAA Ultraleds are crap

needs a few A s in to bring it to the top I think
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #34291711th Sep 2008 10:01 pm
ridgeback_moor

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I sent £40 worth of crappy LED bulbs back to them, and eventually they agreed to refund me, and sent some kind of copy of a refund note, but the funds never did appear on my debit card. They are a bunch of liars (yes, I can prove that Rolling Eyes ), and I've no idea how I go about getting my money back now. They refuse to talk to me as I'm obviously a trouble maker for politely asking for a refund for bulbs that weren't fit for purpose, and I can't really be arsed spending any more time on it. I suppose that's what they hope for, but one day, hopefully fairly soon, they go out of business as they don't deserve to still be trading IMHO. Evil or Very Mad Censored bunch of Censored Twisted Evil
 Previously:
2005 D3 2.7 TDV6 S
1984 90 2.25 Petrol CSW
1992 90 200TDi Hard Top
1995 Discovery ES 300TDi
2003 90 TD5 Truck Cab

Post #34292111th Sep 2008 10:16 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

OK now for some "get your own back" jokes.

Do they have a fax number ? Does anyone remember the long fax joke ???

you write on a piece of A4

THIS IS A LONG FAX
I
I
I
V

Then you send to the fax number of your chosen company, once th fax is half way through the machine, you grab the bottom and tape back to the top to form a loop in your machine. Other person used to come back from lunch to a whole room full of "long fax" pages or a whole roll (if you remeber that far back).
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #34292311th Sep 2008 10:18 pm
D'arkuk

Evil or Very Mad http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.php?p=998673 Evil or Very Mad Censored
Post #34292411th Sep 2008 10:18 pm
flinty99

England 

I don't know much about these things - in fact some argue I don't know much about anything. Sad

Would trading standards not be a good place to start?

If anybody who has been conned is a Which? Subscriber maybe a group which? case is worth looking at?

Otherwise a group small claims court venture maybe the way forward.

Sounds like I’m lucky as I have never dealt with these con artists.

PS. Just for google a few links - google likes links Thumbs Up Thumbs Up . http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/ http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/

Post #34292911th Sep 2008 10:33 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

just done a google uk search for ultraled - and in 4th place is a Disco3 post, saying positive stuff about ultraled - maybe worth editing that post . . . . ?
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #34293211th Sep 2008 10:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >