Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 728 of 819 <123 ... 727728729 ... 817818819>
Kelv

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3

hello everyone ....

Post #215476717th Jun 2020 11:31 pm
russfergusson

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 electrical problem

Hi all. I have a 2009 discovery 3 2.7 TDV6
I recently replaced the crankshaft on my vehicle so as you will know I had to remove the body from the chassis.
Above the chassis in the N/S rear wheel arch was two fairly large loom plugs which were pretty much exposed to the elements with no protective housings or covers
I suspect the previous owner may have had the body off before as I could see evidence of this.
The problem I am having is whenever it rains heavy or I get the vehicle washed water seems to get in to these plugs causing many faults on my display relating to suspension ABS HDC etc
I either have to dry the plugs out physically or leave it for a few hours to dry out on its own.
I also have to plug my scanner in and clear all fault codes to get everything back to normal
I have made protective covers for the plugs however no matter what I do moisture seems to get in.
I find it strange that these loom plugs are located where they are as they are so prone to water ingress
Am i missing something here. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated

Post #215486018th Jun 2020 11:16 am
DiscoDB (Aus)

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

G’day everyone.

Long time contributor on the AULRO forum, and have only recently signed up here. Land Rovers been in the blood since learning to drive in a series 2a at age 12. Have progressed from Range Rover Classics to D1, D2, and now D3.

Current car which I have owned for 5 years now is a stock standard 2008 TDV6 with just over 150,000kms. The Td5 D2 had 480,000kms before I sold it - so let’s hope the D3 lasts as long.

And a shout out to everyone who has posted tips, advice, and tricks over the years. Regularly find answers to all sorts of issues here - so very much appreciated. You know a forum is great when people on the other side of the world refer to the FILO transmission flush method and others know what this is...... Very Happy

Cheers and keep safe!

David

Post #215517219th Jun 2020 1:01 pm
Eliot34

France 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Salut à tous.

Je suis Français et je suis content de m'inscrire sur ce forum. J'ai un LR3 V8 4.4. Formidable véhicule!!!!
Une mine d'informations m'attende Wink

Post #215534219th Jun 2020 9:28 pm
blueovalcraig

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone,

I’m Craig, 36 from Rothesay on the Isle of Bute. I’ve been an active member on the D2 Boys Club for a number of years and I have a 1999 D2 Td5 ES. I’m starting to think about replacing it with a D3 so thought I’d sign up here and have a look around.

Cheers for now.

Craig

Post #215543220th Jun 2020 11:09 am
bln_disco

Germany 
New LR3 owner

Hello folks,

I am a new LR 3 owner. I bought my 2008 LR3 V6 HSE with 181.000 km on the clock. I freaking love it, it is such a great car. It puts a smile on my face all the time and I really fell in love with it. This forum has helped me tremendously in choosing a LR3. I want to thank all the peeps for posting and creating an awesome community! I live in a city near Berlin, Germany. Apart from thanking all you beautiful people and introducing myself, I also have a question. This goes out specifically to all the European owners. Am I alone in feeling that everybody stares at me? I see so many SUV´s and MPV´s around but people really seem to give me the evil eye. Some of it might be due to the "environmental" issues, but I feel it is mosty just hate from others who take great pride in their cars. I don´t want to seem arrogant, but they seem filled with envy and hate! It might be because I am a "younger" person, athough Im already in my mid 30´s. My LR 3 was not even THAT expensive (10k). It is well looked after and is really a beast. However, most of those people that stare are in much more expensive cars, hell even a Skoda costs more that my LR3! I know I shouldn´t be bothered by what others might think, but I would not have thought that it is such a head turner. I don´t race my car, I always abide the law (typical German Laughing ). I love the car and will not get rid of it because of some peoples opinion, but I am a bit startled bythe attitude of my fellow citizens. Maybe I am just paranoid but my friends all confirmed my sentiment. I especially get the dirty looks from owners of new Range Rover. They seem to have the need to rev their V8 when they pass me or pull up next to me. This one guy owns a Range Rover SVR and gave me the dirtiest look while revving his V8!

Anyway, I am glad to have made the call to buy a LR3, beautiful and soooo comfy! Greetings to all!

Regards,
Martin

Post #215554120th Jun 2020 7:05 pm
Kinos1

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys, hoping to join the Disco life soon, looking for a D3/D4 currently. On here to hopefully learn all the tips and tricks before i take the plunge......

Post #215592722nd Jun 2020 3:42 pm
Sourbite

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hello all.

I've been driving a D2 for nearly two years and have wanted to upgrade to a 3/4 mainly to gain some space in the car itself, I loved my car but the interior design was lacking.

Been looking on here for vehicles and advice for a while and finally made the leap and purchased a D4, I'm dead pleased with it so far and my boys have named her Dizzy Disco. Got a few things to sort but I know I'll get the information needed from the good people in this forum.

Thanks

Post #215637924th Jun 2020 3:38 pm
Jarreman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

Hi all,

I had a Discovery 2 for five or six years, now have the joys of a D3 for the last two.

this forum has been handy to see about replacing the lock in the rear doors, the switch on the boot door and everyone elses woes with the air suspension

Cheers
Rich

Post #215645924th Jun 2020 11:16 pm
LizzK

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Hello and help!!!

Hi. I’m new on here. I own an 07 Discovery 3 2.7 TDVSE Automatic that’s just broken down (again) Big Cry and I’m looking for some guidance!
A couple of times over the past 4 months she wouldn’t go into Drive but if I put her into Park then Drive all was ok.
Yesterday when my husband was driving her, she lost all power apparently, the Transmission error message came on apparently with a large F displayed near the mileage dial. She dropped low and wouldn’t start. The Engine Management System Orange warning sign comes on when you turn the key. System checks goes ok, no error messages but she won’t start, and when you try the orange coil light now comes on. She sounds like she wants to start for a couple of tries then there is just a clicking noise. Light and radio work. She’s still sitting low. Had to have her recovered home last night but before I arrange to get her recovered to my Landrover repair Centre, any ideas? Could it be as simple as a battery? The last repair was complete air suspension system and cost me over £2k. I’d owned her 6 weeks 😭 so I’m hoping it’s nothing as catastrophic as that again 🤞

Post #215718628th Jun 2020 5:31 pm
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi and welcome.

I cant offer any specific advice other than starting a thread about the fault, you're more likely to get a response. Also, have a good search through previous threads to see if you can find anything. An easy one which may do no good is the hard reset, disconnect the battery cables and short them out, i don't know if it help but its worth a try.
Cheers Paul
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #215719528th Jun 2020 6:39 pm
Oja2000

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Making Decisions

Hi guys,

I had a fantastic little LR4 ..HSE Luxury which got stolen by a professional crew who used a computer programme to start the ignition somehow and made off with it. I am about to dip my foot back in and am torn between replacing like for like or going for a xxv or landmark. Also has anyone worked how to secure these properly.

Many thanks

Anthony

Post #215722028th Jun 2020 9:04 pm
K3n

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi, Discovery 3 owner living Shropshire, just about to embark on changing a leaking water pump and have decided to replace the oil pump and cam belts at the same time.
As a guest found this forum a great source of information, thank you .

Post #215722228th Jun 2020 9:15 pm
jimmyk

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Hello!

Hello Guys,

Don't know if i'm doing this correctly but just a few words to say hello.

I have used your site many times and found the advice invaluable. I am a new Discovery 3 owner after buying a GS manual that was a bit of a project then fell in love with it. Decided to buy an auto and ended up with a Discovery 3 HSE which id now sitting on my drive refusing to start Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I am sure I will be asking lost's of questions but until then, thanks for all your help so far and nice to be part of the forum.

Kind regards,

James

Post #215724628th Jun 2020 11:07 pm
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Welcome and good luck with the new project.
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #215726629th Jun 2020 1:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 728 of 819 <123 ... 727728729 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >