Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 753 of 819 <123 ... 752753754 ... 817818819>
Sgottabeford

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3
Greetings and salutations

Hi all first time landie owner. Wanted one for years love the styling. Picked up a D3 cheap with 408k on her so expecting some issues. I've repaired the EPB the cable was pulled, all working well now.Replaced the thermostat crossover in the valley it was leaking. WD40'd the brake light switch as I was getting dash warning lights and limp mode after just minutes of driving. That fixed it. Now i have a fluctuating rpm at constant rev only a couple hundred rpm and when you boot it it gives engine system fault and reduces power to about half. Any ideas on this would be lovely. I'm thinking EGR and MAF clean. If you blank off the EGR do you need to tune the ECU to compensate? All responces greatly appreciated.Cheers Clive.

Post #22085407th Feb 2021 9:00 am
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Welocome, On a 2005 you just blank the egr valves and remove the butterfly from the throttle no patch is needed for the ecu

With the other problems i would start by cleaning your MAF and MAP sensors, fit a new genuine fuel filter and ensure the turbo actuator has full range of movement.
If your issue was at idle it would be the oil temp sensor but as you are accelerating it is most likely a failing torque converter or poor gearbox oil.
Use the search function all these things have been covered many times before.
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #22085437th Feb 2021 9:32 am
Philgaugler

United Kingdom 

Hi, I am new, just want to say Hi, and wanted to ask has anyone done an aftermarket stereo upgrade from a gs model. I’ve brought a small chassis JVC and brought plug in play connects2 wires. But feel like I am missing wires/connections. If anyone could help me it would be very appreciated.

Post #22085587th Feb 2021 10:57 am
myway28

Spain 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi!!! I am an "old" owner of a LR3 in Madrid Spain, and it is a pleasure for me to join this magnificient forum, that allows LR owners to know better our cars and solve all type of problems arising during the lifespan of the vehicles.
So receive my best, and drive safe!!
Myway28

Post #22090208th Feb 2021 7:45 pm
Hasunori

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Everyone,

Since yesterday I am a new Disco 3 owner.

-Have been a fan of it since 2006. Finally, the bug got me to another level.

You have any advice regarding the checks, servicing, operation? - I am happy if you share it.

Thank you all for the vast amount of knowledge contained in this forum.🙏

H.

Last edited by Hasunori on 10th Feb 2021 2:41 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #220942910th Feb 2021 2:35 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Welcome!

Have a search on here for oil pumps and belts.

Unless you absolutely KNOW they were changed at right intervals, get them done ASAP.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #220943310th Feb 2021 2:39 pm
Jeffoir

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Saying Hi. Thank you for the warm welcome...

Hi Martin,

My friends call me Jeffoir and we live in Sydney AU. Have owned four Landies over 23 years: '98 D2 petrol V8, '01 D2 petrol V8 (BMW high compression engine) and a '00 petrol V8.

We should have joined the Forum years ago, as we have owned the current 2007 D3 TDV6 HSE for 13 years. Have experienced nearly all of the usual '07 Disco 3 problems. However, we still love this vehicle because it has looked after us for over 380,000km and done so in a very comfortable and considered manner. It really does have some style.

For example, she ferried us and our horse, in a float, from Sydney to Perth return, across the Nullabor Plain over 10,000km (6,000 mile), to the Pony Club National Championships. Sat on 110km per hour (65mph) for an average fuel consumption of 9.5 L/100km (30 mpg) So impressive! Driver, horse and passengers arrived fit and well and ready to compete!

The other thing we love about owning the Disco 3 is the instant conversations that you get to have with complete strangers; fellow LR owners. Sometimes its like "Group Therapy" but that is all part of the fun.

Thank you for the welcome and looking forward to getting involved.

Best wishes from a beautiful, warm and sunny, late summer's day in Sydney.

Cheers

Last edited by Jeffoir on 16th Feb 2021 9:29 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #220961011th Feb 2021 8:53 am
choochoosmiffy1

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
New to LR3+4 Hi

Hi all
I’m not new to Landrover ownership , my first was an R reg freelander 5 door ,03 3door 05 3door sport
07 freelander2 and now my Discovery 4 white Landmark.
By far the best I’ve owned and incidentally owned the longest, 11 plate from2014-to date
It’s so versatile as every one knows and good looking.
I use my local dealership to maintain service record. I’ve had a couple wear and tear replacement item list not too long thank goodness though expensive hand brake module ,drive shaft , Battery , belts service, all fluid oils change service 100k despite only done 72k. Over the course of time not all at once.
I’ve had a good few years doing the Landrover run from London to Brighton run in my Freelanders.
Today I’m joining today for some insight in to a couple of things and one concern I have.
Recently I had my windscreen replaced and have a pretty awful wet left passenger footwell and the company has reseated the screen free of charge in their attempt to see if it was that?
So I’m looking for suggestions of alternative causes .
Modifications :- general grabber at tyres that’s it .
I’ve been looking on Pinterest for ideas but don’t want bling it. I’ve seen angel eye fog light driving leds and my big spend is going to be on getting under vehicle CR coated in the hope to preserve vehicle . But first I must sort water ingress and what to do about wet carpets in these winter months . I would really appreciate your help from this global site of your expertise and knowledge.
I use my Landy to commute to work and assist a group called the Southeast 4x4 Response. Kent area UK
The list is endless what we do to help our community.

Post #220964011th Feb 2021 10:44 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to all the new members Very Happy

choochoosmiffy1 - if you do a search on here for "passenger footwell" there are lots of posts about this issue and possible solutions, eg:

https://www.disco4.com/forum/water-in-pass...19094.html
https://www.disco4.com/forum/water-passenger-footwell-189738.html
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #220966311th Feb 2021 11:50 am
choochoosmiffy1

Thanks for the tips, my insurance want to just close the window screen leakage case as they and the windscreen company had been on this site and implied these vehicles were prone to this and not the fault of screen replacement. My concerns are it is the filter and I look under bonnet for blockage of scuttle tray which could be cause, but should I be looking at having seats and carpets removed to avoid further electrical faults if left? Or just make do vaxing carpets suck water out and get cat litter in car to soak excess and put AC on when ever to draw moisture out. Just asking thanks again for quick response.

Post #220967911th Feb 2021 12:25 pm
Jeffoir

Australia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Hasunori

Hi Hasunori,
I totally agree with the advice that Hardware has provided to you on getting the belts and oil pump changed, unless you absolutely know that they have been done. You cannot check the timing belt for condition. If in doubt, change it.

If pre-upgrade oil pump is in your car, get an upgrade. If the pump fails, you will have a dead D3, towing and an expensive engine replacement. Even a 2nd hand engine and fitting will be very expensive.

Having said that, enjoy the drive. A wonderful vehicle.

Very best wishes,
Jeffoir.

Post #220969311th Feb 2021 1:03 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

choochoosmiffy1 - this maybe a known fault on some cars BUT if there was no leak prior to the new windscreen being fitted I would be harassing the insurance company/windscreen fitter to get this issue resolved.
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #220972011th Feb 2021 2:29 pm
choochoosmiffy1

Wet foot well

I have checked the pollen filter as directed by windscreen complaints department. It’s totally dry and under bonnet is pristine as I’m a bit of a clean freak n even clean the plastic black bits as well as under bonnet. I’m always polishing an have cleaned inner wheel arches. This vehicle turns heads it’s lovely looking.
My car insurance wants to dismiss my complaint after reading forum as it being an inherent issue. I will today speak again to both about damp issue and have tried best to dry interior running engine with air on on and paper towels and super absorbent crystals in a bowl to avoid misted up windows.
Thanks all for advice n will keep you posted.

Post #220975311th Feb 2021 4:44 pm
classic kev

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

'ow do!

Like a few others in here I'm a Landyzone refugee. I just bought a D3 (yes, I've ordered a Gap IID), only had it a week and so far so good. Battery is a bit weak, cold starts are a bit slow. It doesn't sound quite as good as the RRC but have to say I do like it.

Anyway, this is me, look forward to getting to know you.

Post #221011412th Feb 2021 6:04 pm
Bernard-W

New Zealand 
Just joined

Hello Martin and all,

I have a number of Land Rovers, a Series 3, Discovery 1 facelift and a Range Rover Vogue. There was not a box to include these on the registering form. The newer the model the more complex and vulnerable to the ravages of the weather.

I enjoy reading your messages and shall contribute when the topic arrives. The GAPTeam suggested I should join this group.

I hope you are all bearing up with this Covid-19. In New Zealand we fortunately have a water barrier and the government got onto closing the borders early.

Regards,
Bernard-W

Post #221026213th Feb 2021 8:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 753 of 819 <123 ... 752753754 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >