Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 652 of 819 <123 ... 651652653 ... 817818819>
Kosmo04

United States 

Newbie here, just purchased a 05 V8 SE that needs some help, so it's currently my garage project. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember, and found this one which is currently sitting on the bump stops with a red suspension fault which I'm trying to diagnose as we speak. This site has been a great reference tool so far, and I look forward to using it much more in the future!

Post #188489429th Nov 2017 7:11 pm
OJ

Scotland 

Thumbs Up welcome, nice motor V8 purrrrrrrr

Post #188494229th Nov 2017 9:01 pm
will6440

United Kingdom 

Relatively new D4 owner here, so far it's been a story of me loving it and it loving my bank account...

So far i've had the following done/fixed:

1) coolant leak and air lock in the system tracked down and fixed (water pipe not correctly fitted)

2) fuel leak resulting in smell after long run as diesel was dripping onto the exhaust manifold Shocked Found to be one injector not fully tightened. Also address a slightly miss-fitted inlet manifold

3) passenger door lock failure - usual issue it seems

4) Small engine service + gearbox oil change - made a huge difference to overall 'feel' of the car

5) full set of new Goodyear Wranglers

6) 4 wheel alignment

Still on the list to do are some cosmetic bits and pieces to bring it up to the standard i'd like. It's been an expensive first month of ownership but i'm hoping that all the bits and pieces will give me a good solid car to ferry the kids and dog around in! Thumbs Up

Post #188521730th Nov 2017 6:42 pm
Fireburst

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome.

Don't be put off by a few minor issues they are great vehicles.

Jim

Post #188521930th Nov 2017 6:56 pm
tonym77

Sweden 
New member with a problem

Hi, I've just joined this site today. Nice to find a site like this.
Yesterday, I bought a V6 2.7L Auto Discovery 3 looking in beautiful condition from nice old man in the south of Sweden. It drove home well and I parked it up outside our house.
It was a cold night and -2 degrees this morning.
It won't start. Don't know what I might have done wrong, if anything, but it turns over endlessly and barely fires, then cuts out. Unburned diesel fumes coming out of the exhaust. Previous service engineer advises a faulty glowplug. I presume it is auto choke. Maybe that isn't working. Can't even hazard any other guess.
Anybody got any thoughts?
Service records are up to date.

Cheers,
tonym77

Post #18857432nd Dec 2017 11:42 am
Donald_FR

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3
Newby on board!

Howdy from France - with an eBay LHD Disco 3 TDV6 SE, originally from Spain believe it or not, bought by an English couple as a holiday home car and brought back eventually to England in 2015, before I got it 2 weeks ago.
Cold starting is the (usual it seems for 10+ year Discos) problem, and the scary stories that go with glow plug replacement give me the shivers!
Anyway good to be on board and the forum seems a great place for us new Disco guys n'gals Smile
Cheers from an expat Scot
Donald

Post #18862143rd Dec 2017 6:06 pm
Hicky

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3

Hi

I am new to Disco3, my last Disco was a 3 door 200 tdi, one of the very early ones which was an awesome piece of kit, lifted, full wading kit, and resplendent in camouflage livery (hand painted), even got featured in LRO once. I have just purchased a 2005 very basic (less to go wrong hopefully!) tdv6, with the intention of some useful modifications being made.
It has only just been run in with160k on the clock and I cannot believe how smooth the engine is and how well mannered it is to drive.
I am hoping it will be the start of a long and satisfying relationship (and not a constant succession of open wallet surgery!!! However all good at the moment, and it’s good to be back in the Land Rover family.

All the best

Hicky 👍

Post #18866104th Dec 2017 9:34 pm
paul shore

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Help disco 3 ( Vehicle system fault system shutting down )

Hello,
Anybody out there had the above 2007 disco 3 2.7 TDV6.
The message is accompanied by hazard warnings flashing,trip displaying ------ and the radio goes off followed by blank screen.
All other things seem to function other than no flashers due to the hazard warnings flashing.
If the engine is stopped it is immobllised and won't start.
This typically lasts for 10 mins or so before the fault resets and allows the engine to start.
I have a Hawkeye diagnostic tool and each time this has happened I have logged the faults.
I have created a spreadsheet of the the faults from 5 events, diagnostics taken after each event.
After each event I have done a global reset of the ECUs HS-CANbus and MS-CANbus and deleted all fault codes on both.
Battery is new.
Brake switch renewed.
All bulbs correct spec.
The largest number of faults 13 in total are U0122 lost comms with VDCM(vehicle dynamic control module). ? where is the VDCM located please ? Regards Paul

Post #18866404th Dec 2017 10:42 pm
Nobbles

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto HavanaDiscovery 4
New (nearly owner)

Always liked the d3 but loved the d4. Man maths has chosen this as a practical 7 seater over a ford S max. I am currently looking to buy and hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I live in Lyon France and am yet not sure if the D4 will bankrupt me..... I can be handy with a spanner, so maybe things likes brakes etc I can do myself. The worst comes to the worst I can sell it on after a year with much less depreciation than an s max and have enjoyed wafting around the country and up and down the mountains....

Post #18869475th Dec 2017 6:40 pm
indy4x

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just a quick hello after signing up

Had a few Land Rovers over the years, currently.have a Disco 2 Td5 but looking to.sell it on and move up to a D3

Already been out looking but not found one yet

Have spent quite some time on here trying to absorb as much info as possible and really impressed with the quality of the info

Cheers

Chris

Post #18871446th Dec 2017 12:16 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

welcome boyo

Post #18871456th Dec 2017 12:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
indy4x

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Should have added, came here from D2BC, still lurk there occasionally but spend most of my time these days on the mig-welding.co.uk forum, well I do own a D2!

Post #18871496th Dec 2017 12:30 am
l5tuy

Evening All,

Pleased to be on the forum.

I’m currently in the market for a Disco 3 to pull my kit-car to track events and generally enjoy.

Cheers

Stu

Post #188873110th Dec 2017 9:05 pm
Broncolane

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Intro To Disco Ownership

Hello. I thought it was about time I 'broke the ice' (seen the weather?).
Although I have owned numerous cars and driven many different types of vehicle in the past (ex forces).
I am a new Disco 3 owner! Having gone through the process of pondering 'how much' and 'where from' I decided on my Rimini Red Discovery 3 HSE MY06.
I am delighted with the level of comfort and quality of ride offered and was not put off by having to go 'hands on' with the regular maintenance of the car.
Since I bought her (mileage 111000mls) I have ordered new timing belts (front and rear) a full service kit. Engine oil 25L and auto gearbox fluid for the relevant oil/fluid changes needed. Having had a timing belt snap on a previous motor I have been nervous of the state of the belts and thought it prudent to keep the vehicle off the road until the belts are changed.
I have also bought a iCarSoft i930 scanner to interrogate the ecu's fault codes. I thought this was justifiable because of the 'Normal Ride Height Only' message which appears after a minute or so upon startup. Subsequently I have ordered a Hitachi Compressor full service kit plus exhaust valve from Landy Air.
I think this little lot will keep me busy over the festive season and I'm looking forwards to posting again shortly with any outstanding issues or discoveries I may make during the process.
Having been a highly qualified mechanic and teacher in the 90's I'm hoping to slip back into good habits again (lets see what actually happens Very Happy .

Post #188986213th Dec 2017 4:18 pm
sea27n

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
new from LRO

hi all, just joined, had many Landrovers from S2s to RR and many many discos! but now i have finally got my dream landrover......a Disco 3.

Post #189008414th Dec 2017 12:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 652 of 819 <123 ... 651652653 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >