Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

A welcome and pleasant surprise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
al cope

England 
A welcome and pleasant surprise

Got the insurance renewal come through for the Z4, gone down by 40 quid to £198 quid fully comp for the year.

Result !! Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #233685717th May 2023 3:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Batfink

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

It must be something in the water. I’ve just got my renewal through and last year I paid £267 with all mods declared and this year with the same company it has come through as £158. More than chuffed with that.
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #233686717th May 2023 5:22 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Who are you with, mine are coming up for renewal soon
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #233690417th May 2023 9:48 pm
al cope

England 

My Z4 is with Onecall. Not a major name but it is just our cheap sunny day car Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #233692218th May 2023 7:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Don't go on the RRS forum and talk insurance. Some people have been quoted thousands or even refused a quote because they live in the South East. Lots of new RRS and FFRR thefts, apparently.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #233693118th May 2023 8:00 am
Batfink

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I’m currently with Tesco bank. Swmbo is with Hastings and her renewal on her DS3 has gone up by £100. They say because she had a claim is the reason for the rise. Bit naughty as it was only a windscreen claim and I still had to pay the £125 excess. Safe to say unless they do much better she won’t be renewing with them.
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #233701418th May 2023 6:30 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I was with Admiral and went to LV. For my RRS, that was a drop of c.£200. Shocked
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #233702818th May 2023 7:26 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Looking at buying a shopping trolley for SWMBO and pricing insurance up, I did a quote through a compare site for 3 weeks ahead on a named car reg, it came back at £304, after shopping round looking at other vehicles we went back to the original made an offer and arranged to pick it up the following day, I went back to the insurance quote to accept it to start the following day it had gone up to £495 Shocked Shocked
The moto of the insurance regulator is "NO ONE SHALL PROFIT FROM INSURANCE ", if that isn't profiteering what is. To cap it all I tried putting the insurance start date 3 weeks after the actual purchase date and guess what?- it was back to £304 Shocked This happened with similar results on 3 comparison web sites.
The moral of the story is get your insurance quote paid 3 weeks before it is due.
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #233703018th May 2023 7:55 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

If you have screenshots or other evidence, send it in to the regulator and ask why this is allowed. They ought to have a stiff word with the insurance companies involved.

It's the same tactics as used by holiday booking companies - if you go back to check again, you often find the price has gone up. Why? Because they're trying to force you to book it.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #233703118th May 2023 8:07 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

It's "allowed" because the rate for the risk in 3 weeks time is different to the rate as at today.

Premiums can go up or down today, tomorrow or any time in the future.

There is nothing for the "regulator" to investigate.

Post #233703818th May 2023 8:55 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

That might be what the insurance industry uses as an excuse, but the swings quoted aren't risk related, they're price gouging.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #233705719th May 2023 5:56 am
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Sold my D3 last week (still have my D4) and bought a little summer run around and despite costing 4 times as much as the D3 and having 421bhp it still only added £120 to the insurance! I think that’s your proof that LR owners are being hammered by insurance companies Censored
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #233706019th May 2023 6:27 am
UNG

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
That might be what the insurance industry uses as an excuse, but the swings quoted aren't risk related, they're price gouging.

The alternative excuse I have had from an insurance company was that the cheaper quote I got was because it was near the end of the month when I got the quote and they had not hit the sales target for that month and now it was a few days into a new month so the quote had gone up
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #233706319th May 2023 7:11 am
jonno1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Don't go on the RRS forum and talk insurance. Some people have been quoted thousands or even refused a quote because they live in the South East. Lots of new RRS and FFRR thefts, apparently.

Tell me about it!! D4 Luxury models as well. After much battling, lowest quote £1250.
Contrast my previous XS (without keyless unlock) which was £560. This company could only do £1900 for the Luxury.
Why? Well, one of the worst postcodes for theft with dozens stolen since January, FFRR’s RRS’ and D4.
Worst postcode for the ‘what police’ too.
Interestingly, quote for a Landmark was £250 cheaper.

Needs to change on renewal or I must choose another brand after over years.

Post #233707019th May 2023 8:31 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

nigethecat wrote:
Sold my D3 last week (still have my D4) and bought a little summer run around and despite costing 4 times as much as the D3 and having 421bhp it still only added £120 to the insurance! I think that’s your proof that LR owners are being hammered by insurance companies Censored

Following moans on RRSport about insurance, I did a little experiment. I went on a comparison site and looked for quotes for a 2yo RRS SVR (with value stated as £90k) for the same coverage I have now - 20k miles p/a, business use, kept on the driveway. I got quotes between £700 and nearly £3000. My current 10yo SDV6 cost me just under £300 this year. Going from £300 to £700 for a 550bhp 4x4 doesn't seem too bad to me. Back in the early 90s I paid £800 for fully comp on a 130bhp Pug 309GTi. I was young then, of course.

Sadly, in the South East, people are being refused quotes for new RRS and FFRR thanks to a spate of thefts.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #233707319th May 2023 8:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >