Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

what's fitted to my wife's D3????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jasper

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
what's fitted to my wife's D3????

Hoping for some help - Have a crusty old defender, but new to the posh type!!!

My wife's just bought a '54 plate TDV6 SE, which is fully loaded with loads of factory extras, but a couple of things are confusing us. It has the 'premium' stereo fascia (the one with the numeric keypad to the left of the stereo display), plus the full Harman/Kardon stereo and satnav.

Will the car have a bluetooth system fitted that can be pared up, or was that another extra? There's a button on the dash that has a picture of a phone and a standby symbol (circle with a line in the middle) that says no phone fitted when you push it, but the fact it has a phone button in the first place seems odd if no phone's fitted.

Any idea how I find out??

It also has cruise control that doesn't seem to be working (no worries - has a warranty, so will be on to the dealer shortly!). It occurred to me that the phone and cruise might be on the same fuse or relay?

Anyone have any wisdom they could share?

Many thanks
Jasper

Post #36481425th Oct 2008 9:35 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

for it to have full mobile connection, there will be a lever to pull on the steering wheel, and a docking station under cubby box lid

Post #36481725th Oct 2008 9:38 pm
flinty99

England 

Hi Jasper,

Welcome to the site Thumbs Up

It would seem that the fact you have the phone button on the centre console doesn't mean you have the Bluetooth system. For that I believe you also need the controls on the stearing wheel. I have the same button on mine which is worthless Big Cry

As far as the fuse goes - i'm not sure if the CC and BT are on the same one, but i'm sure you will have your answer soon.

Ian

Post #36481925th Oct 2008 9:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I haven't got the phone kit fitted in my car... just the same worthless button as Flinty

However I did have a problem with my cruise control not working... which turned out to be chaffed wires in the steering column.
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Post #36488425th Oct 2008 11:01 pm
Alex08

Scotland 

If bluetooth is fitted it will show up when you search for devices on your phone assuming the D3 is powered up. If it does it have Bluetooth, it will helpfully show the car as 'Land Rover' and the pairing code is 2121. The button you have found will say 'phone not fitted' unless there is a phone in a cradle in the cubby (then 'phone attached') or 'bluetooth' if a bluetooth phone is connected. I'd start with a bluetooth device search from your phone and see it there is kit fitted to the car. Thumbs Up

Post #36489526th Oct 2008 12:14 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I have more or less the same with the phone. In mine there is a LR aftermarket bluetooth system installed and also have the premium system. But no phone craddle.
So my phone works with the 2 right hand steering wheel buttons but not with the buttons on the dash or the left hand steering wheel speach button.
If it#s a aftermarket bluetooth installation the code could also be 0000.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #36490926th Oct 2008 2:23 am
jasper

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

This is great! I have an old racing car and am on other forums that are pretty useless - never had any actual useful advice before!!

So, I can see that he car doesn't have the steering wheel controls and the button in the dash is a red herring - I think no phone system fitted.

Can anyone tell me what individual parts (module, steering controls etc) I need to pick up in order to get to the stage where I have a functioning bluetooth system. I've found a set of new old stock steering wheel switches on fleabay - what other bits do I need, and beyond the arts is the loom already in place to support them, or will I need to have some wiring done?

Thanks for the feedback on Cruise Control - will get it back in and get the wiring checked out.

Nice one - you lot talk more sense than LandRover......

Post #36491626th Oct 2008 8:40 am
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Jasper ...

If you want the LR aftermarket kit then you need these parts ...

VUB501152
Main Kit ...consists of communication module , steering wheel switches , microphone and wiring loom.
Retail £203.32
Disco3 £162.67

XVJ500122 ....bluetooth module (nokia Shocked )
Retail £179.80
Disco3 £143.84

Be wary of buying kits of ebay ..they usually dont come with the main bluetooth module and also have the older version of the communication module ..which had known faults.

The kit is expensive , but i find very good ...it has voice activation which is very clear.

Some pics of whats involved in fitting here http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1536 ...it looks a lot worse than it is ...everything just pulls off or is held in by torx screws .

You could fit another bluetooth kit , with the help of an autoleads wiring kit (about £25 ) which will allow the sound to come throught the cars speakers (part number 06-124B http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-124B.html )

Discount on the parts above come courtesy of Yeovil LR ...parts manager Nick is a forum member (forum name TheLargeOne ) Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Hope this helps a bit...oh and welcome to the site Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #36495226th Oct 2008 11:04 am
WelshDisco

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Bluetooth

I have the wiring loom and all instruction (all landrover parts) but the control box is one that had problems, they are brand new, never fitted it must be worth a PM from you! any resonable offer and its yours.
 2010/60 Discovery 4 XS Zermatt Silver - Privacy Glass, Timed Climate (with remote), Voice, 4x4 screen, Bong on lock/un-lock (Pete BellAutos)
Discovery TDV6 SE (06) Gone!
Military 90 (1986) gone but not fogotten!
TV Option (Thanks to Wiggs)
Parrot CK3100 

Post #36616828th Oct 2008 10:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >