Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 20 of 282 <123 ... 192021 ... 280281282>
Dave T

England 

Not particularly busy motorway, ambulance with blues and twos, every car in outside lane, probably 15 or so, waited until it was right behind them to even start thinking of pulling over! Hope none of them ever need an ambulance!
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #205340715th May 2019 2:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

-regularly see that sort of thing around the M6/M5/M40/M42 ring
They should get a double dose of points and fines, then have a serious talking to from a paramedic who has been delayed by such drivers.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #205341015th May 2019 3:09 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Not entirely unrelated to the above. This morning I was fortunate enough to follow the somewhat random route suggested by my sat nav from the hotel near Kings Langley down to Uxbridge. Ordinarily this is just M25 to M40, but today it wanted to take me the scenic route. Later found out there had been a serious accident between Jn17 and 18, and that they closed everything down to land the air ambulance.

Blissfully unaware of the cause, I followed the nav and ended up joining the M25 for the last 5 miles from 17 to 16. It was clear the motorway was closed north of 17 as I pretty much had the motorway to myself. Except.....

Cruise on 75, in lane 1, I caught up with and passed half a dozen other cars doing circa 60 and every one of them was in lane 2, 3 or even 4, *with nothing in front or next to them*

Every one of them would have joined at Jn17, there's no off-slip for 5 miles, so they had clearly just driven on to the motorway and headed straight for whatever lane they default to with no cause to be in anything other than lane 1.

The Censored in lane 4 even gave me the bird when I pulled out from lane 1 and came up behind him indicating a desire to overtake. He was doing 60.

We are long overdue a tightening on driving standards. We'd solve half the traffic jams in this country overnight by simply banning these clowns from having a license. I'm baffled how some of these folk ever passed a test (although from what I saw today I suspect International Driving Licenses may have a part to play).

That's my goat caught for today Evil or Very Mad
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #205346015th May 2019 6:03 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Game of Thrones, season 6 and the last few episodes in particular. Censored

Post #205469220th May 2019 6:49 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

NoDo$h wrote:

Cruise on 75, in lane 1, I caught up with and passed half a dozen other cars doing circa 60 and every one of them was in lane 2, 3 or even 4, *with nothing in front or next to them*

Every one of them would have joined at Jn17, there's no off-slip for 5 miles, so they had clearly just driven on to the motorway and headed straight for whatever lane they default to with no cause to be in anything other than lane 1.

The Censored in lane 4 even gave me the bird when I pulled out from lane 1 and came up behind him indicating a desire to overtake. He was doing 60.

Just carry on in lane 1.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #205472620th May 2019 8:06 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The people who travel at 10-15mph below the speed limit then brake hard for a speed camera without first looking to see what speed they are doing.....
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #205473520th May 2019 8:32 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Yummy mummies on the school run in their X3 and X5 who don’t know how wide they are and how to reverse! Twisted Evil
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #205474620th May 2019 9:13 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Why do people not understand what an emergency vehicle with blues and twos on mean?

Travelling to work today heard the twos a quick look in the mirror about a 100 yards behind was an ambulance on blues and twos with another car between us.

Signalled left and pulled over in first safe place. Idiot driver behind just carried on their merry way.

The few seconds delay in an individual car journey is nothing compared to the minutes it could land up costing an emergency vehicle on a possible life saving mission.

Brendan

Post #205474720th May 2019 9:14 pm
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

ooops sorry double post

Brendan

Post #205474820th May 2019 9:15 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Just carry on in lane 1.

Rules 267 and 268 say otherwise.

It's tempting at times, but you never know when some Mr Magoo will decide to meander left and if I'm mid undertake I'm at fault, regardless of the ineptitude of the lane hog. Them breaking rule doesn't allow me to ignore other relevant rules.

Unfortunately Sad
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #205476020th May 2019 10:38 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

NoD0$h ... you were under the impression they were having mechanical difficulties as their slow speed was abnormal, so you got out of the way in case they stopped suddenly on the carriageway.

As for "goats" ... it was bad enough having zero-alcohol wine last night but a monstrous fly decided to bathe in it when i wasn't looking. as soon as i had a drink, i guessed what it was and spat it back in the glass. Huge f Censored r ... left me retching for a good 5 minutes. Then went to bed dreaming about a certain Jeff Goldbloom film ... needless to say, this morning i don't feel like i slept at all.

Post #205479521st May 2019 7:01 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Your stubble is looking a bit thicker this morning Hardware...... Shocked

Post #205479721st May 2019 7:05 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

DON'T !!!!

Post #205480021st May 2019 7:11 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

NoDo$h wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

Just carry on in lane 1.

Rules 267 and 268 say otherwise.

Quote:
Rule 268
Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right. Do not weave in and out of lanes to overtake.

You can continue in a faster inside lane if traffic conditions are such that the outer lanes are slower than yours. Of course, you might have to argue the definition of "congested conditions" but if the outer lanes are full then they're congested.

I've seen this on the new 4 lane section of the M5 north of the M50. Lanes 3 and 4 full (nose to tail) and doing 60 if they're lucky. Lanes 1 and 2 basically empty, Lane 1 has the usual occasional lorry. Just sit in Lane 1 and if the outer lanes slow down, then you're "entitled" to continue at your pace. Having lane 2 as a buffer makes it a safer situation, of course.

I wouldn't do it unless there was a hard shoulder or other lane available to use for avoiding action in the case of Mr Magoo.

It's important not to weave to make use of the inner lane, of course. That's bang-to-rights overtaking on the inside.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #205481021st May 2019 7:41 am
KenR

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

At least they pulled over for the ambulance, it’s the idiots who don’t use their mirrors and suddenly realize there is a vehicle with blues and twos behind them and slam in the brakes. It happened to me in a past life I when had occasions to drive our response vehicle but I am sure there are those on here who have had more scary incidents.

Post #205488721st May 2019 12:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 20 of 282 <123 ... 192021 ... 280281282>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >