Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Whats Got Your Goat Up today ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 245 of 284 <123 ... 244245246 ... 282283284>
sailormike

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Shell Energy - their subcontractor fitted a so called Smart Meter in early April. The meter did not talk to the In House Display or initially to Shell it started to talk to Shells systems after a couple of weeks.

I have been away for a few weeks and had an appointment for tomorrow for an engineer to come and fix it. I got the reminder text last Wednesday then another text on Friday putting the appointment off until 10 July.

Shell were the ones telling me that the meter needed changing but their contractor/ system is not working. The engineer who fitted the meter but failed to get it working correctly went off to the next job without all the parts needed, as he had no aerials on the van.

Anybody know of a good email address to complain to?

I have cc’d my complaint email to Tony Keeling@shell energy.Co.uk who comes up as the CEO for retail energy but not sure if it is any good.
 Disco 4
Burstner motorhome
BMW 225e (only 1/2 way to electric) 

Post #233803429th May 2023 5:44 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Solicitors protocol re money laundering in buying a house.

It’s bad enough having to download a photo of your passport and then another where you’re turning your head side to side with the iPad camera and submitting that, but I have to submit a years worth of bank statements showing where the purchase price money came from.

It would have been a lot simpler if I was buying via a mortgage - that being eminently traceable, rather than cash.

The second and subsequent home tax at 6% is still irritating me! Rolling Eyes

Post #233803629th May 2023 5:50 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

sailormike wrote:
Shell Energy - their subcontractor fitted a so called Smart Meter in early April. The meter did not talk to the In House Display or initially to Shell it started to talk to Shells systems after a couple of weeks.

I have been away for a few weeks and had an appointment for tomorrow for an engineer to come and fix it. I got the reminder text last Wednesday then another text on Friday putting the appointment off until 10 July.

Shell were the ones telling me that the meter needed changing but their contractor/ system is not working. The engineer who fitted the meter but failed to get it working correctly went off to the next job without all the parts needed, as he had no aerials on the van.

I have cc’d my complaint email to Tony Keeling@shell energy.Co.uk who comes up as the CEO for retail energy but not sure if it is any good.

Try messaging through Linked In Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #233803829th May 2023 6:09 pm
Batfink

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The stepson and his girlfriend. She was moved in the end of last year and they were told what they have to pay each month. She lost her job back in Jan. I got informed near the start of May he has quit his job as they weren’t being nice to him. It was a kitchen job. So got told by Swmbo we will have to cover their share of the rent. So far no effort has been made by him to find another job yet quite happy to run the tumble dryer three times today after being told to use the line in the garden. Not my fault he can’t be bothered to get up before 1 in the afternoon. But yet I’m not allowed to say anything or complain. I’m sure if they were renting the landlord would be fine covering the rent for them. Well they will be in for a shock when they next come to use the dryer. It’s getting the pc board unplugged. Not a hope in hell of them figuring that out as they can barely use basic kitchen appliance features. Want your washing dried. Get your lazy back side out of bed before lunch. Better still get your Censored out there and find another job. I’m not going to put up with it for too long regardless of what Swmbo has told them. Oh and the best bit. They still seem to be finding money to buy themselves some wacky backy. Funny that.
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #233814230th May 2023 10:11 pm
Brian Considine

United Kingdom 

It can be a difficult road being a "wicked stepfather" - been there, done that.

My wife & I know where you are coming from - we look after young people for social services. They would rather use the tumble dryer than the washing line (no chance as it does not work with the filter removed).

We have found in the past that people who drink, smoke or indulge in the happy bacci will always find the money for that as you say.

I'm afraid you have an uphill battle.

Post #233814530th May 2023 11:03 pm
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Windows (house, not PC) washed yesterday - no problem, but it's now raining.....
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #233815431st May 2023 8:14 am
mark the spark

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Batfink wrote:
The stepson and his girlfriend. She was moved in the end of last year and they were told what they have to pay each month. She lost her job back in Jan. I got informed near the start of May he has quit his job as they weren’t being nice to him. It was a kitchen job. So got told by Swmbo we will have to cover their share of the rent. So far no effort has been made by him to find another job yet quite happy to run the tumble dryer three times today after being told to use the line in the garden. Not my fault he can’t be bothered to get up before 1 in the afternoon. But yet I’m not allowed to say anything or complain. I’m sure if they were renting the landlord would be fine covering the rent for them. Well they will be in for a shock when they next come to use the dryer. It’s getting the pc board unplugged. Not a hope in hell of them figuring that out as they can barely use basic kitchen appliance features. Want your washing dried. Get your lazy back side out of bed before lunch. Better still get your Censored out there and find another job. I’m not going to put up with it for too long regardless of what Swmbo has told them. Oh and the best bit. They still seem to be finding money to buy themselves some wacky backy. Funny that.

as i was told once ...as long as you play the rescuer they will play the victim had all sorts of hassle with my eldest stepdaughter thankfully now moved out her ability to endlessly take knew no bounds
have the big row now as if you let your resentment fester and build it can come out in the wrong way
and trust me your missus will be blind to it
 MY05 SE D3 Manual my first LR what a car
MY10 HSE D4 auto
MY14 XXV more buttons than the spaceshuttle 

Post #233819231st May 2023 4:11 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Best part of four hours cleaning my van ‘properly’ inside and only for a Censored bird to Censored on it FIVE minutes later Rolling Eyes

However, a couple more hours invested on cleaning this means I can go play with this for a few days (my sons car) Mr. Green

Post #23384052nd Jun 2023 5:21 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Vets Censored

Wife ticks all the pre-anaesthetic options / pre-anaesthetic assessments for safety / blood test / additional fluids etc and I find out today that my 8yr dog's heart stopped beating during the anesthesia whilst trying to remove a bad tooth. Had to bring him around quickly and unable to continue. Obviously.

According to the Vet he seems fine but can we pick him up late (7pm) so she can keep monitoring him. So whats the point of the pre-tests if this slips through?

Have 4hrs to try and cool my anger.....

Post #23387206th Jun 2023 2:34 pm
HairyFool

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Unfortunately no amount of pre-anaesthetic tests can completely rule an adverse reaction out be it a dog or a human.
 A visitor from the dark side, my other vehicle is an MG5 EV  
Post #23387376th Jun 2023 6:20 pm
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Himalayan balsam, Japanese knot weed, pigeons, rats, overgrown conifers, inconsiderate neighbours, a feckin hose pipe ban to ensure we have enough water for tourists in the summer & no rain since 9th May. I feel all your pain.

Cheers n Gone, grumpy git Nick Thumbs Up
 MY16 D4 Landmark SDV6 (The Ice Maiden)
Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
MY08 D3 HSE Stornoway (Miss Moneypit) The money tree withered...... 

Post #23387566th Jun 2023 10:40 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

HairyFool wrote:
Unfortunately no amount of pre-anaesthetic tests can completely rule an adverse reaction out be it a dog or a human.

It seems not ....Vet completely baffled* and we spent over 30min with her going through the situation. Ted the Boxer was a panting a bit yesterday evening and now settled down. Tooth seems to be hurting a little so a little restless at 2am this morning. Back to the Vets this morning for 9am for a follow up after the situation

*had a tooth out a few years back with no issues

Post #23387657th Jun 2023 7:27 am
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Noisy and inconsiderate neighbours. Cannot seem to communicate without shouting at the top of their voices. And then the family come round and you have up to 8 of them doing this! Shut the Censored up!
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #23388117th Jun 2023 5:28 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Van service

Tried booking my Peugeot van (a generic Peugeot/Citroen/Toyota/Vauxhall shared model) in for a service, been fleet serviced by original company owner since new and just a service print out when I bought it so I thought I'd get a 'proper Peugeot stamp' in the book as my first one and get it dealer checked, fixed-price service cost not being that bad, etc. I also wanted them to look at switching the speed limiter off (been told by a techie its enabled in the ECU)

Rang local'ish main dealer to be told they don't take bookings over the phone, go onto the web portal.... WTF Shocked

Normally that would be enough for me to go " Censored you, don't bother" but I want the Pug stamp, etc. so I went on the portal and booked a service for a convenient Friday for me a couple of weeks away.

Five minutes later I get emails saying my chosen day/slot is fully booked (so why have the Censored portal then) but as a favour to me they've booked my service on some random Wednesday about five weeks from now and I need to call them if that doesn't work. Will I Censored call them.......

Instead booked in at local Citroen dealer by a nice lady over the phone who has said that if the speed limiter is a dealer enabled one they can turn it 'off' and this will be F.O.C.

Post #23388147th Jun 2023 5:47 pm
sailormike

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

sailormike wrote:

Not sure if the cc’ing of the email to the boss worked but had a call from their ‘Executive Complains Team’ on the Monday last week with contact details of the meter installation firms In Home Display connection team.

After an other complaint email that nothing has happened eventually got a callback yesterday and they set something up their end and talked me through the connection my end, less than 5 mins on the phone.

Why it took so li don’t know but got a small good will payment for the two months that it all took.
 Disco 4
Burstner motorhome
BMW 225e (only 1/2 way to electric) 

Post #23388768th Jun 2023 2:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 245 of 284 <123 ... 244245246 ... 282283284>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >