Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Windscreen leak problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
steveho

United Kingdom 

caverD3 wrote:
There should be no rust at all. mine hasn't any nor would I expect it to.
Check the insulation to see if it is wet as well.
Dealer is telling porkies I suspect, shampooing the carpetwould not cause the rust, it would have to have been very damp for some time (before they sold it to you). They have sold you a vehicle with an existing fault.
I think you could ask for your money back or at least the need to rectify the problem and remove the rust replace the carpet, clean and relube the whole area.
Do you have a sunroof as this can be a cause of leaks when the drain is blocked or kinked.
Get serious with the stealer and they have sold you a vehicle that is not fit for the purpose it was supplied for. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Take no prisoners!!!!

Not very helpful advice

Post #821432nd Sep 2006 4:31 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Actually the drains for the sun roof have been cause for leaks, so have air bubbles in windscreen seals, A pillar clip points, AC pipe work, grommets not positioned correctly etc.

There are plenty of TSB's that the dealer can refer too.

Not fit for purpose going a tad too far I would have thought though Shocked

Post #821532nd Sep 2006 5:49 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

steveho wrote:
caverD3 wrote:
There should be no rust at all. mine hasn't any nor would I expect it to.
Check the insulation to see if it is wet as well.
Dealer is telling porkies I suspect, shampooing the carpetwould not cause the rust, it would have to have been very damp for some time (before they sold it to you). They have sold you a vehicle with an existing fault.
I think you could ask for your money back or at least the need to rectify the problem and remove the rust replace the carpet, clean and relube the whole area.
Do you have a sunroof as this can be a cause of leaks when the drain is blocked or kinked.
Get serious with the stealer and they have sold you a vehicle that is not fit for the purpose it was supplied for. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Take no prisoners!!!!

Not very helpful advice
stevo

Steveho
Why not?
So obviously you would accept a vehicle with an existing fault and consequent damage. My opinion only but I would want it fixed properly as I hadn't paid for damaged carpet and leaks. It was a suggestion if Dico Tony wishes to put pressure on the dealer to ensure they rectify the problem. They don't seem to be taking him seriously.

Simon,
We do not have lemon here laws but the consumer legistlation gives this as a reason for the supplier to replace the vehicle or refund the money.
I have just had a lemon Golf replaced and this is the phrasing that needs to be used to formallly complain.

Disco Tony, you need to decide if you wish to accept this as is, have it fixed or seak a refund. If you go for refund you will probably win but expect alot of hassle, grief and some legal costs if you do. As I said my suggestion is for you to consider the option if the dealer continues to fail to rectify the problem. If you say those words not in writing yet it can get their attention.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #823984th Sep 2006 8:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >