Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Wish I'd Stayed In Bed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Wish I'd Stayed In Bed

Had one of those days yesterday when I wish I’d stayed in bed and pulled a sicky!

Started bad on the journey to work, running on fumes I had to stop at Tesco for diesel. Timed it wrong and got stuck behind 6 builders vans and pickups blocking all the pumps while they shopped for their newspapers and other daily essentials. None were in a hurry and it took a good 10 minutes before I finally got to a pump. Blood pressure on the rise....

Got to work late to find we had a few minor floods over the weekend which had got into the school, Caretakers on the case so only a minor problem, blood pressure stabilising…

SWMBO rings at 9.00am to tell me her MOT runs out today and what should she do… Question I ring the garage to see if they can do an urgent MOT and get her booked in…

Phone rings constantly with people moaning and giving me problems to sort…Blood pressure on the rise again..

SWMBO rings to say car has failed MOT due to her private number plate. Suspended VOSA regs regarding number plates have been re-introduced in April so incorrect spacing is an MOT failure…I tell her to go home and I’ll order some plates.

SWMBO rings back telling me she is at the garage and has put her original plates back on the car for the MOT. Blood pressure now at boiling point as I point out that the plates have a different reg number on them and they no longer apply to her car… Confused

SWMBO rings back and Garage has offered to make correct plates for £14.00 to pass MOT. Tell her to do it just to get MOT done.

SWMBO rings back moaning that garage had made plates and then just put them on the back seat and then passed her MOT…..WTF…!!!

Have a large strong coffee and try to mellow out…..email bleeps on the computer. Council H&S dept have decided that the School Sports Hall has failed a Fire Inspection for the school play in 6 weeks…..Sh*t hits the fan in the Drama and Music dept…

Thankfully 4.30pm arrives without heart attack or punching anyones lights out. D3 soothes me as I chill out on the journey home. Trundling down the road at about 35-37mph in a queue of traffic thinking how good it is to be going home and get nabbed by a Speed Camera Van hidden in a pull in. Never seen it there before and I am so careful on my journey to and from work due to the b Censored ds hiding along the A48 in the 50mph zones. So 25 years of keeping a clean license gone just to raise revenue for the tw*ts. It wasn’t even in an area at risk from speeding motorists, downhill on a wide road with no housing on the sides…! Twisted Evil

I see that the M4 between Cardiff and Newport now has the permanent 50mph speed limit signs installed, it a bloody joke and bunches all the traffic up. No doubt this will be a favourite place for the Mobile Camera crews to raise some much needed funds for the powers that be…

Hoping today will be a little less stressful..... Big Cry
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #4784279th Jun 2009 10:01 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Quote:
Thankfully 4.30pm arrives without heart attack or punching anyones lights out. D3 soothes me as I chill out on the journey home.

If youve had a REAL BAD day and can still finish work at 4.30 pm....... sounds like an easy life Wink
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #4784339th Jun 2009 10:05 am
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I'm sure today will be less stressful! Thumbs Up

Are you sure it was a speed camera not just a ANPR? I had a similar experience recently, but never received a ticket.
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Post #4784379th Jun 2009 10:08 am
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Sorry Mike but it sounds like swmbo has to go Wink
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #4785009th Jun 2009 12:03 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Was it really a bad day...or did you just want to play with some new emoticons...? Laughing
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #4785459th Jun 2009 1:13 pm
SN

where in Newport was the A48 speed trap? you can cheer yourself up by helping others to avoid the same stuffing Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4785599th Jun 2009 1:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Fingers crossed but it is now well past the 14day limit for the NIP... 8)
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #4906983rd Jul 2009 1:13 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >