DISCO4.COM > General

Wish me luck.... once more into battle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

So tell me what you have had problems with that I haven't got Question
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #829736th Sep 2006 12:03 am
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

sat nav?
premium ice?
rear entertainment?
electric seats?
parking mirrors?
Aux stereo input?
Cruise control?

to name but a few
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #829786th Sep 2006 12:05 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

mmmm ...not quite the correct comparison eh Wink

Look...some peeps have had issues regardless of their model..... the HSE isn't a special case and thats perhaps my point. Other peeps have had no issues regardless of model. The bulk of the vehicle is fundamentally the same and theres no getting away from that.

Hopefully you will have good news shortly and then you can perhaps start to enjoy the motor again.

for christs sake change your bloody dealer though eh !!!!!!!!
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #829876th Sep 2006 12:31 am
Jamo

Australia 

Good luck, dylansdad! Hopefully, you'll be in a fully functioning D3 before too much longer.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #829896th Sep 2006 12:45 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DickyH

I have to say that this sounds like a Censored situation and I feel for you. The last thing you want with a premium motor like this is 2 years of grief and trouble that appears to be unresolvable. I have no additional advice other than what has already been offered, but I really do hope you get it sorted. I can only begin to imagine how much that situation would Censored me off.
I agree that it stands to reason that there is potentially more to go wrong on an HSE. I'm not saying it is going to go wrong, but the potential is there with numerous extra systems/gadgets/ computer controlled gubbins.
If you do buy another (you must have the patience of a saint), perhaps a lower model might be more reassuring. And you could spend the difference on a holiday, which I'm sure you could do with by the sounds of it Wink
Good luck and give them what for!

Post #830086th Sep 2006 7:24 am
k1w1

I'd agree with Winger. I believe the law in the UK makes no allowance for time car has spent being fixed. It's still considered "in your posession", so any refund will be an offer of an amount that takes into account the time/depreciation of your ownership, including time off the road.

I don't think you can claim for expenses incurred either, but don't quote me on that.

I would argue that there is a difference though between what refund you should get and what the dealer would offer you as a trade-in. You should definitely not be stung with a trade-in value, invariably lower than a "fair wear & tear" valuation, I would have thought.

Send the letter via Royal Mail such that they have to sign for it. Also request a face-to-face meeting with the dealer and insist you go through the letter and address each point. Make them acknowledge that the car is not fit for purpose, and get it in writing if you can. If they are stupid, force them to acknowledge why they think it is indeed fir for purpose, and at what point would it be not so. Basically, make them choose how long they think you should have these issues (unresolved) before they would say it's irrepairable.

I would also agree that it is a fair assumption that the extra bells & whistles on the HSE gives it scope for more things to go wrong. For anyone to say otherwise is completely illogical. Extra componentry - more to go wrong. It's not rocket science.

Post #830266th Sep 2006 9:08 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I'm not in some sort of denial that SE and HSE models have extra bits or that they can go wrong. That would be illogical Rolling Eyes But in reality there aren't many more tech bits are there Wink

I'm trying to acertain though how many of DD's 45 faults are attributed to the fact that he has an HSE...and he can knock the last 2 off his last post because they are on the S. ....

It is clear to me from reading tech posts that the bulk of widely known D3 issues affect systems that are related to the core tech \ mechanical aspects of vehicles with across the board above base model.
Post #830426th Sep 2006 9:57 am
Supergirl

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

dickgriff wrote:
I'm not in some sort of denial that SE and HSE models have extra bits or that they can go wrong. That would be illogical Rolling Eyes But in reality there aren't many more tech bits are there Wink

I'm trying to acertain though how many of DD's 45 faults are attributed to the fact that he has an HSE...and he can knock the last 2 off his last post because they are on the S. ....

It is clear to me from reading tech posts that the bulk of widely known D3 issues affect systems that are related to the core tech \ mechanical aspects of vehicles with across the board above base model.

DG you know some times just let it drop the guy is looking for advice on how to deal with his dealer. I imagine he is sick to the back teeth on the faults of his D3 I know I would be.

He comes on here seaking advice and you are challenging his every word.

Jeez give the guy a break.

I know little old me what do I know well nothing but I can recognise when you should just drop out of a thread. Very Happy

Post #830476th Sep 2006 10:09 am
dylansdad

Laughing cmon disagreements over my cars issues are of no use ..... Wink

as for the faults.

about 8 of the oustanding 29 failures are systems associated with HSE, rest are generic failures. So if i didnt have HSE Id be looking at 21 failures....better but still not good Wink . There are 52 items on the list, 10 of which are concerns/clarification required i.e. dealer has said x and Im not sure it is correct. e.g. rear brakes rubbing for first 20k miles has not worn disks down more than normal.

Landrover returned my call today.... to say they were backtracking and non comittal is an understatement. Promised a call back this afternoon, and I am not expecting much. Confused
Post #830536th Sep 2006 10:16 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Supergirl ..I would hope that DD and I have traded enough posts for him to know where I'm coming from...and that I support his overall view that in his case it just ain't good enough.

To fully understand...one must challenge !!

.......Please go back to the washing up !! Wink
Post #830626th Sep 2006 10:23 am
Supergirl

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

dickgriff wrote:

.......Please go back to the washing up !! Wink

cheeky. 8)

Post #830706th Sep 2006 10:45 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Whistle Very Happy Wink
Post #830716th Sep 2006 10:47 am
dylansdad

woohoo......positive news.... well a little anyway.

Just been talking to trading standards. They are assigning an officer to deal with this and hopefully broker a resolution.

Basically my legal rights in this situation (sale of good act) go as follows:

give dealer reasonable opportunity to resolve faults - Done

If problems are not resolved I am firstly entitled to a REPLACEMENT Very Happy

If that is not acceptable to me then the next option would be a refund. They would consider a refund of the current market value to be unacceptable given the vehicle has been going through a process of attempted repair.

CONSEQUANTIAL damages/costs ARE recoverable by law for anything you can quantify. e.g. costs of travel, time, resulting losses e.g. my holiday etc.etc. - compensation of inconvenience or just to make me feel happier is not recoverable.

so I hope they can do what they say they can. maybe I will be a D3 owner who finally is fault free like the rest of you Laughing
Post #830726th Sep 2006 10:50 am
catweasel

I assume you are refering to the D3 and not our mental states. good for you Very Happy

Post #830746th Sep 2006 11:03 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

dylansdad wrote:
maybe I will be a D3 owner who finally is fault free like the rest of you Laughing

Yippeee...........so no more whinging and whining like an old maid...what will you do then ?? Laughing Wink
Post #830756th Sep 2006 11:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >