Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Yodel idiots
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Yodel idiots

Little pressie for SWMBO, low value and small.

Got text off Yodel this morning at 7.46am saying my parcel would be delivered in next three days, thought it a bit odd but hey ho, thanks for letting me know.

At 9.17am I get another text saying 'sorry tried to deliver but no one in' type message. FFS

I text them back saying how do I plan to be in for the next 3 days and that I had selected a 'safe place' for it to be left anyway........

Not long after that I get home to get the 'sorry' card on doormat and they will try again.

I then get a text saying that they are unable to deliver my parcel as they do not have an address for me.

WTF Rolling Eyes How can the delivery service not know my address and leave me a card saying they cannot deliver my parcel.

They are now saying they will "attempt delivery tomorrow" - when tomorrow, consequences of not being in, why not in safe place, etc.

Censored holes

Post #18879938th Dec 2017 2:51 pm
alfamale

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

They are everyone's favourite delivery company!!!!

https://www.disco4.com/forum/got-exactly-i...ight=yodel
 Front Runner Rack, OEM Ladder & RAI, Tuff-Trek Foxwing, B'rakhah Ingonyama Expedition Trailer, RLD's Spare Wheel Protector, Bodsy's Bars, Empty Pockets! Member of Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response.

Post #18879958th Dec 2017 2:57 pm
Jaggz

United Kingdom 

Hermes are just as bad, budget delivery companies that call a whole host of problems grr

Post #18880018th Dec 2017 3:20 pm
bigdave
Site Sponsor 

England 

Whistle Whistle Whistle
 All things shipping, storage, transport. UK and worldwide.

E-mail info@md-couriers.co.uk 

Post #18880088th Dec 2017 3:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

DPD every time great service and same driver every day that can be tracked so you know when to be in...

HIGHLY recommended. Thumbs Up

Post #18880108th Dec 2017 3:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Re DPD, we have Grumpy Graham doing that run. Why Grumpy? He's ususally delivering bags of dog food and doesn't like dogs. Thumbs Up

Post #18880148th Dec 2017 4:10 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

UPS all the time Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #18880168th Dec 2017 4:18 pm
James W

United Kingdom 

I agree, being able to live-track and even communicate with your DPD driver through the whole day is revolutionary and a real selling point for DPD.... impressive. You can go about your business and meet him almost at your door as he arrives. (or she!)
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #18880188th Dec 2017 4:27 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Yup Gordon is the man!

Post #18880218th Dec 2017 4:36 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

This could have/should have come via standard Royal Mail TBH - I bought it because I wanted it, not because of the (non) delivery service or charges, etc.

Genuinely would have looked for alternative supplier, at whatever cost, if I had known it was coming Yodel

http://www.yodelhell.co.uk/10-worst-things...e-755.html

Post #18880228th Dec 2017 4:36 pm
Grianaig

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Couple of weeks ago we arrived home to find a Yodel card through the letter box telling us that since we had not been at home when the driver called our parcel was left in the greenhouse behind the house. Strange, we thought, we hadn't anything on order. So collecting the parcel from the greenhouse we saw that was for someone else at a different address. Our house has a clearly visible brass number plate directly facing a caller and right beside the doorbell and knocker. How could anyone holding a clearly labelled parcel for one number ring/knock at another address where the numbers bore no relationship to each other? A Yodel highly trained operative provides the answer. Try ringing Yodel. All the 'phone numbers available lead to the same recorded voice. To cut a long story short I eventually made contact with a human and managed to get a promise for a driver to collect the parcel. It was a weekend so nobody called. On the Monday the doorbell rang and the real recipient was standing there having been trying to find out what had happened to their parcel. They had eventually linked up with someone in Yodel and were given our address.

By contrast when I received the group buy Disklok via UPS it arrived without fuss with an appropriate prior call from the driver at the time he predicted.
 2014 MY Discovery XS Indus Silver. Sadly gone. Second last LR of forty eight years continuous ownership.  
Post #18880738th Dec 2017 6:24 pm
UNG

United Kingdom 

Took Yodel nearly 4 hours to find my parcel one Saturday morning, they attempted to deliver it to a business address at 7pm the day before, mistakenly I thought collecting from their depot would be easy got there at 8:10 and left at 11:50 somebody had implemented a new software system that apparently "lost" any parcels that were returned to the depot so they had to manually search the depot for every parcel. As I left with my parcel one of the staff told the queue of around about 50 people that the collection point was due to close at 12:30 and they might not get their parcels, one guy stepped forward and told the member of staff that he better rethink that and there would be a sit in till everyone in the queue got their parcel and then he could close the collection point
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #18880898th Dec 2017 7:48 pm
Fireburst

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I had a similar experience with Yodel, I had ordered a bag of dog food, when it did not arrive I contacted them and they sent a picture to prove they had delivered it...problem was it was not my house!!

Post #18880968th Dec 2017 8:45 pm
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Amazon are getting as bad for deliveries using their own drivers.......

Waited in twice last week for deliveries that never arrived despite the contact centre assuring me that it would be there by 10:00pm! Sad

Used my Prime membership to schedule a few high value Xmas pressies for Monday as I will be in all day waiting for my Windscreen to be replaced. Had a busy weekend planned and Saturday morning I check my email and they have some of my items out for delivery........not amused. They eventually arrived 6:20pm. Confused

This morning, with a planned catch up on errands not done yesterday planned, yet more of my items are out for delivery today (Sunday) with a time of 7.00am to 10:00pm. Friggin' bunch of knobs....... Evil or Very Mad

What is the point of selecting a delivery date and they then totally ignore it...... Question
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #188851710th Dec 2017 12:02 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

DPD and UPS. Excellent service. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder