Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Yorkshire Commercial Breakers Ltd - SCAM - AVOID
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Pelyma

England 

Google brings up Yorkshire Van Breakers at Sheffield, I just wanted to clarify that they weren’t the scumbags.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #210148923rd Nov 2019 3:05 pm
Sparkyspice

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

It's not them! As far as I'm aware the Van breakers that you speak of are completely separate. The locations and Directors on Companies house are different.

Post #210150023rd Nov 2019 4:27 pm
Ricky1989

United Kingdom 
Yorkshire commercial breakers ltd

Hi I've recently been scammed by this company as well. I have screen shots of the fake profile on Facebook the invoice they sent me. A telephone number and the same rubbish they have told you all they told to me. I wanted to collect my parts as I live in Sheffield but they told me the location of the item was in Scotland so would need to be delivered. I believe they have started selling parts under a different account on Facebook. Will speak to the action fraud team tomorrow. Luckily it was only 97 quid they had off me. Unlike the substantial amount they had off you want to put a stop to this or at least make it hard for them to do it again. If there is anything I can provide you with let me know.

Post #210187825th Nov 2019 10:07 pm
Sparkyspice

Hi Ricky - Gutted that you've been screwed as well. What are they advertising now and under what name?

Post #210191426th Nov 2019 5:52 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

Surely if there is land line number then they can be traced by the Police ????
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #210192626th Nov 2019 7:38 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sparkyspice

You would think so...

Post #210193226th Nov 2019 8:00 am
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Anyone been to their premises?
 012MY RRS 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography (Current)
Mods:
TPMS (Complete but got an issue)
Genuine LR DRLs (Complete)
Remote Boot close from key fob (Complete)
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2 (Complete)
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (Now 2016 L319)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE (Complete)
2014 LR4 Homelink (Complete)
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass (Complete) 

Post #210193526th Nov 2019 8:16 am
Sparkyspice

I looked the address up on Google Earth (post being ripped off) - there is no scrap yard there. It may just be a postal address, but either way, it wasn't worth a 12 hour round trip to find out if that existed.

I have just called my bank to see if there's any news regarding claiming the money back and they contacted Yorkshire Commercial Breakers bank (Nationwide) back in October and have yet to hear back... Whilst I'm not entitled to a refund from my bank (Santander), they will try to claim the money back (bank to bank) on my behalf. If everyone who has been ripped off does this, perhaps at least he will have his account frozen.

RICKY1989 - What is their new name on Facebook - please let us know, as it might stop someone else losing money.

RAD37UK - How much did you lose?

Post #210195726th Nov 2019 10:38 am
Rmacaul

Scotland 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Sorry you guys have been ripped by these scumbags and thanks for highlighting it.
For anyone if you get the you can’t collect line it is in Scotland ask for the address as you will get a member of the club to collect..... I have had it with cars and parts before and they waffle about other problems then I have binned them.

We need to do everything to protect members from these lowlife scumbags.

Do we have/need a forum relay page where folks can post if they need things picked up or if they are making a trip they would move parts for another member. (within reason of course)

Post #210196026th Nov 2019 11:18 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

There is already a page on the forum for members to post about availability/requests for pickup, transporting stuff etc

https://www.disco4.com/forum/courier-network-vf40.html
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #210196126th Nov 2019 11:24 am
Ricky1989

United Kingdom 

Sparkyspice wrote:
I looked the address up on Google Earth (post being ripped off) - there is no scrap yard there. It may just be a postal address, but either way, it wasn't worth a 12 hour round trip to find out if that existed.

I have just called my bank to see if there's any news regarding claiming the money back and they contacted Yorkshire Commercial Breakers bank (Nationwide) back in October and have yet to hear back... Whilst I'm not entitled to a refund from my bank (Santander), they will try to claim the money back (bank to bank) on my behalf. If everyone who has been ripped off does this, perhaps at least he will have his account frozen.

RICKY1989 - What is their new name on Facebook - please let us know, as it might stop someone else losing money.

RAD37UK - How much did you lose?

The guy I spoke to originally on face book was a wesley Hubbard. I gave him my number and they rang me back so only have the one message from him. Guy on phone said his name was Jake. The number that rang me was 0114 2121262.
The profile is defo fake from the comments I've now seen on some of his photos. I saw an advert last night that looked very similar to the one I enquired about and the other items they are selling also look familiar. They try to sell full front end of vehicles even tho I only wanted bonnet and wing. The discovery tow bar is also on their parts list. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/571818223631309/ this is the link to the advert check out his other items and profile looks very suspicious. Any other info you can reach me on my email can forward screen shots that I have for them both. Rickynaylor@hotmail.com

Post #210197226th Nov 2019 12:43 pm
Ricky1989

United Kingdom 

Just had a mate make an enquiry to the new account about the transit st wheels. The reply was just out on a pick up send me your number and will ring you back. Gonna see what number rings us back this time.

Post #210198826th Nov 2019 1:40 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

the link to the tow-bar ... looks like it's no longer available. maybe taken down my Facebook ?

I tried searching the phone number posted early in this thread and although I didn't find an exact match, lots of similar numbers with a comment that they were spoofed, so these scrotes might not even be in the UK.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #210199126th Nov 2019 2:40 pm
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I feel sorry for everyone who did lose their money with these scumbags.. really.

But what me also springs to mind, Facebook buying.... by default not the most trustworthy way, a lot of possible fake there without good and thrustworhy control....and Facebook as a company it self, also not very thrust worthy company are they?

Every medium has his pro’s an con’s I know, but I wouldn’t buy on Facebook and other easy profile websites without moderating and proper rating method (like eBay and this forum do) in the first place... (eBay is not perfect I know but they “do” more (together with PayPal) to protect you......

Also research by yourself.... one way or the other.... (google maps, reliable phone calls,...on fixed numbers ( not being cellphone numbers if you understand what I mean, tracable adresses , VAT numbers, chamber of commerce numbers..) etc. Etc..

Martin (moderator of this forum) did write a topic, regarding these matters and payments..

The risk of a scam is not worth a bargain..if it is more than a few pounds or euro’s IMHO...

Not as critism on or to the scammed people.... but too faithful is simply not enough these days...
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Last edited by Motolab on 27th Nov 2019 2:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #210199326th Nov 2019 3:21 pm
Rad73uk

United Kingdom 

I have logged a complaint but haven't had a response back from action fraud yet but it looks like there is nothing they can do.
Collection in person for me from now on.

Post #210210627th Nov 2019 10:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >