Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

any advice would be greatly appreciated
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Naki Blake

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Octopaulie

I hope you are having some success with this. Mine is a petrol so I can't comment on the diesel side of things.

Above is a screenshoot of my most common faults, of which I share a couple with you. I clear them and only the B1C5714 Passive start ignition relay coil circuit won't clear. I've been told not to worry about this one, very common fault.

The only comment I would make is that my D3 can sit 4 to 6 weeks without being driven (it is not a daily driver, only used for towing the caravan and boat). I try to get into a pattern of either starting every weekend or charging the battery, but I often forget. When the battery does drop in voltage (and I replaced it last year) I get a whole lot of faults upon starting. A regular comment on this forum is that these vehicles really put a huge demand on the battery particularly at start up.

I've also recently discovered I had a lot of water in the passenger sill, even though mine is kept in a shed. I'd recommend lifting both the plastic side trim and underlying plastic cover. In the sill there is a huge wire loom, which on mine was soaking. I had a perished sun roof drain tube elbow, so water was running into the sills from behind the CJB. I'd recommend you inspect your sills.

Blake

Post #233082921st Mar 2023 8:03 pm
octopaulie

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Blake
Thanks for the reply, the truck is booked in with JSF this Saturday to have the propshaft done as that was something that needed doing and then we will start to see what codes are present and start working out things from there. Fingers crossed it’s a simple find and will be sorted

Cheers Paul

Post #233089922nd Mar 2023 12:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >