DISCO4.COM > General

Advice Rust and Restore Garage UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
D3_Ramraider

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Advice Rust and Restore Garage UK

Good evening all,

I have a 2006 Disco 3, failed the NCT ( MOT to all of ye ) for rust on the inner rear arches, the outer sills need replacing too! I cannot find a garage in ROI that are willing to take on the job to weld in new inner and outer sills to the D3.

My plan Is to take the D3 on a trailer this June over to the UK and give it to a garage to do the rust while also doing some basic maintaining jobs to the chassis, suspension and engine and rust proof everything after! I will be going to Billing off road show in June in the D2 and plan to leave the D3 in the UK with a garage recommended by all you lovely people and collect it whenever it's ready.

People think I'm crazy spending so much time and money on an 06 D3 but I will go to the grave with her.

If anyone has any garages they would recommend for a job like this I would greatly appreciate their input and also any jobs they'd recommend doing while she's with them.

2006 D3 2.7TDV6 330km (Abused on the daily) @d3_ramraider on TikTok to see Laughing

Post #23606241st Feb 2024 7:08 pm
KPTV8

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Hi Smile))

Before heading to mainland UK, contact THESE guys in Ballymena/Galgorm. They did several excellent jobs on my old D3s, they know Landrovers VERY well; I trust them 200% :-

https://www.dnavehicleservices.co.uk/

As for rustproofing, I'm ABOUT to approach these guys (below) in Paisley, who have been recommended to me by an indy workshop in Scotland. I'm not expecting them to be CHEAP, but good results absorb time and effort.

https://preserveprotect.co.uk/

Cheers & good luck Smile))

Post #23606542nd Feb 2024 1:50 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >