Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

B****y Insurance Companies
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ROY_H

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
B****y Insurance Companies

I've been with the same car insurance provider for over 40years, being linked to a certain well-known public sector motoring organisation, always sure I would be getting a good, fair deal.
Now I'm buying a D4 I thought I would look around as well as get an update from my present insurer.

Guess what!!............'They' want to charge me over £600 a year (nearly twice what I'm currently paying for my D2) but other insurers I've had quotes off are all around the £240 mark for the same level of cover.

Now, are they quietly telling me they're not interested in insuring land Rovers? I've got full no-claims for over 20 years, so can't be seen as a bad risk Censored

Post #13085128th Jul 2014 4:53 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Go elsewhere if they don't want your business. It'll be their loss, unless you have a large claim. Whistle

Post #13085138th Jul 2014 4:56 pm
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

They make it up as they go along .....when I changed from a D3 to a D4 my insurer was happy to provide cover..... this year however,they whacked the price up (even though I had provided them with yet another year of claim free motoring).......and said I needed to have a Tracker fitted.....
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #13085158th Jul 2014 4:58 pm
Discogaz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I was with Aviva but this year they decided to hike the premium by 50% to over £600 so had a look around. A-Plan offered a reasonable rate, not the cheapest but you gets what you pays for (sort of) so was happy to go with them for this year.

As an aside, I keyed in all my details as a new insurer with Aviva and they offered me £285, less than half of my renewal but was so Censored off with them that I'll not be insuring with them again.

So far Direct Line, Churchill and More than have pulled this same stunt over the years, keep the premium keen for a few years then hike it for no reason other than excessive profit taking.

These insurance giants obviously don't care a fig about keeping customs long term.

Lrsson learned, at renewal every year, shop around even if yoiu're happy with the current insurer as they all seem to get tempted by a sneaky hike, just in case you don't notice.

Gary

Post #13085168th Jul 2014 5:01 pm
ROY_H

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

It's certainly my intention to move my business this time. That's for BOTH cars I've got insured with them as I've found they've quoted higher for the wife's PUG as well.

I'm looking at a well known retailer (not T****) who've provided a very competitive quote for both cards plus points on the membership card. My main concern is a good service if I have to claim (and NO claims around at the moment Smile )

You'd have thought after all those years they'd want to keep my business......then I guess there's no such thing as loyalty anymore.

Steep learning curve Rolling Eyes

Post #13085188th Jul 2014 5:05 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

I was with LRI until they suddenly decided they didn't want to cover remaps, despite covering 2 vehicles with remaps for me. Changed to NFU & been happy as a pig in proverbial. It's their loss as I've not had a claim, plus RSA run LRI were a complete PITA to deal with & haven't been anywhere near any RSA policy (had other cars insured with MoreThan). Loyalty has to be earned in my books. Thumbs Up

Post #13085198th Jul 2014 5:06 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

LRI has been underwritten by Zenith though for the last few years Del Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #13085238th Jul 2014 5:11 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Was more reflection on the shower that is RSA. Have tried insurance through BritInsure/Zenith lot but they don't wants to know with a remap, which is their right.

Post #13085308th Jul 2014 5:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >