Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Blackberry 8120 Pearl
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pedro Allen

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Blackberry 8120 Pearl

I have just got a new blackberry pearl but cant get it to link up to my Disco 3 by blue tooth. The phone finds the car but then wont link to it. Can anyone help please..?

Thanks in advance

Post #32167014th Jul 2008 2:07 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Do you mean when you enter the code it does not work? Are you using the right code?

Blackberry works great as phone with Disco, but Disco software is pants and will not sync the phonebook. LR will blame the phone, but the blackberry will phonebook sync with other devices like my Garmin GPS so in my view its the Disco software thats the problem... I think it may have some undocumented limit on number of phone numbers it can sync in the address book.

Sounds like you just can't get your connected though?
 Disco3 is now gone but not forgotten. Waiting for Disco6 with full aluminium construction weight reduction and hybrid engine...  
Post #32255716th Jul 2008 12:03 pm
Pedro Allen

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Thanks for the helpful reply. As it happens I did manage to get the phone to talk to the car (eventually) but had no luck getting the phone book to transfer. Any tips out there for this...?

Post #32303117th Jul 2008 12:13 pm
gringle

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Pedro - you'll need to get your dealer to apply a software upgrade (chargeable) to make the phonebook work on a 2006 MY D3. Mine charged me 30 minutes labour for the update.
 Rob aka gringle
D3 07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway Grey [X100 ***], Mantec Plate, Black badges, disco3.co.uk sticker on the tailgate. 

Post #32371519th Jul 2008 11:20 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

gringle wrote:
Pedro - you'll need to get your dealer to apply a software upgrade (chargeable) to make the phonebook work on a 2006 MY D3. Mine charged me 30 minutes labour for the update.

This won't help with a blackberry, as the Land Rover software is broken. Our MY07 has the latest updates, but it will not sync with a blackberry, it will sync with a Nokia. The Blackberry will sync with a Garmin GPS, so its not the blackberry, its a problem with the LR implementation.
 Disco3 is now gone but not forgotten. Waiting for Disco6 with full aluminium construction weight reduction and hybrid engine...  
Post #32532924th Jul 2008 11:55 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Bluetooth link to blakberry....

Pedro Allen wrote:
.........The phone finds the car but then wont link to it......

Pedro - I too had this problem with my Blackberry 8800

you have to alter a few settings......I didnt know about these (& they aint written anywhere)......a very knowledegable person on here kindly told me what to do

if you get a pairing with the Disco.......OK it will pair but wont actually do the business i.e allow use of steering wheel controls etc..

Here is what you have to do..
from the icon menu...
....Settings (Spanner & Screwdriver ICON)
....scroll down to Bluetooth
.....select this & you get screen with

Paired devices
<Landrover.......scroll over Landover & press the Blackberry button.....you get a menu
in this menu select - Device Properties

it should read

Device Name:Land ROVER
Trusted: Yes
Encryption: Enabled
Echo Controls: Automatic
Device Address: will be a bunch of numbers in here
Services
Handsfree

......if any of these values are different
......scroll over the option & press the blackberry button - you get a small menu
........select change option & you get two or three options - select to make same as the lines I have shown above
........then with this page reading like above press blackberry key again & SAVE.....most important you do this

....I dont know which phone company you are with - but its a good idea to ring thier customer services & request they update the service book to the latest applicable to you phone....they wire this to phone (you dont have to do anything like open it etc)
.....the service book has all the critical settings

after this (or if you have any other glitches you cant solve) its a good idea to reboot the phone.....
...turn phone off
...take battery & SIM card out
...re insert battery & switch on...let phone start up completely (it wont function as a cell phone at all in this mode (except for emerg calls)
...then stop again & refit SIM card & re start......all the changes you have made have to take effect as the phone has to "re-load".....

I havent tried to get the Vehicle software upgrade that allows the phone numbers stored in the phone to be seen on the dash display......I wonder if this would oprate anyway as the Way a Blackbery actually stores data is quite a different format than sya a Sony-Ericson....

question - have you tried Blackberry Maps application....you launch this from the "Tools & Accessories" icon.....its ICON is a small compass
.....this for me at least has proven very good both here in UK & the states..the maps are detailed, you can track movements with directions & save locations then navigate betwen them
..the whole program is over & above the Vodaphone "Telemap" aplication.....which is currently free subscription for one year with Vodaphone

Good Luck
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #32538524th Jul 2008 2:02 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 
Re: Bluetooth link to blakberry....

BLFarrar wrote:
I wonder if this would oprate anyway as the Way a Blackbery actually stores data is quite a different format than sya a Sony-Ericson....

As they both work with the same Bluetooth standard, OBEX Phone Book Sync or something its called, it should work, only the LR code does not play well with the blackberry code.
Post #32548324th Jul 2008 9:46 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
.......TallPaul

TallPaul wrote:
BLFarrar wrote:
I wonder if this would operate anyway as the Way a Blackberry actually stores data is quite a different format than say a Sony-Ericson....

As they both work with the same Blue tooth standard, OBEX Phone Book Sync or something its called, it should work, only the LR code does not play well with the blackberry code.

What I found on transferring data between our three family Sony Ericson phones to Blackberry's I have found that a lot of editing is required as the Blackberry stores by surname first then Christian name......the data doesn't move over in a clean way at all.
But when all data is "Blackberried" the way data is "searchable" is superior - due to the way a Blackberry user interface actually works....different, at first seems a bit awkward....but when you see that you can have 26 speed dials - one for each letter key. In everyday use I think a Blackberry is very usable & is superior to a standard Sony Ericson or Nokia cell phone
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #32550524th Jul 2008 10:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >