Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Car phone kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
wardpg

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Car phone kit

I purchased an early HSE before the integrated car phone was available. The dealer fitted one was very expensive and did not provide full facilities. I have been looking at having a Parrot 3100 fitted but the problem was that you had to have a separate speaker fitted as ther was no way of integrating it with the logic 7 system . Hovever Autoleads have now proced a lead for the Disco and details of this can be found at http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-124B.html This mutes the stereo and allows you to alter the volume with the steering wheel volume controls, Phone Mode is Very Happy also shows on the radio console.
You will also need another interface cable depending on what car phone kit you have. Hope this helps

Post #3762315th Jan 2006 10:38 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks for this. Thumbs Up
I have a Parrot 3100 kit fitted in my van and I am very impressed with it, with this lead set up I may now go for one on my D3 Wink
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3762615th Jan 2006 10:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 
Re: Car phone kit

wardpg wrote:
I purchased an early HSE before the integrated car phone was available. The dealer fitted one was very expensive and did not provide full facilities. I have been looking at having a Parrot 3100 fitted but the problem was that you had to have a separate speaker fitted as ther was no way of integrating it with the logic 7 system . Hovever Autoleads have now proced a lead for the Disco and details of this can be found at http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/06-124B.html This mutes the stereo and allows you to alter the volume with the steering wheel volume controls, Phone Mode is Very Happy also shows on the radio console.
You will also need another interface cable depending on what car phone kit you have. Hope this helps

I have one of these fitted to my Mini, I am not too pleased, as the radio has to be switched on for it to work! I expected the system to still use the car speakers even when the radio is switched off.

If the radio is not on,a nd a call comes in, I have to power the radio up to hear the speakers! not very good really.

Post #3762715th Jan 2006 11:00 pm
Cliff H

Gareth wrote:
wardpg wrote:

I have one of these fitted to my Mini, I am not too pleased, as the radio has to be switched on for it to work! I expected the system to still use the car speakers even when the radio is switched off.

If the radio is not on,a nd a call comes in, I have to power the radio up to hear the speakers! not very good really.

mmmmm Will have to try this in the van tomorrow, the radio is normally always on!
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3762815th Jan 2006 11:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Can anyone recommend a handsfree phone kit for the discovery 3 which uses bluetooth. Ease of fitting, functionality and ascetics are the main points on which to judge.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #3880723rd Jan 2006 11:35 pm
Cliff H

Gareth wrote:

Gareth

My Parrot kit certainly works through the speakers with the radio turned off.

Post #3884924th Jan 2006 8:28 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I think I may swap for a Parrot. I have fitted the Sony Ericcson bt kit in the Mini, and its proving a little unreliable.

Post #3887224th Jan 2006 10:25 am
endy1

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Parrott blue tooth

Hi Been looking at installing a Parrott 3100, where have you gents found the best location to install? Do you use a special concealled bracket and how much of job is it to do?

Post #27593221st Mar 2008 12:27 am
wardpg

See my gallery for picture of parrot position , bracket is clipped behind removable trim , works great and is easily visible

Post #27607121st Mar 2008 5:48 pm
CFB

United Kingdom 

I have the same kit, my display is fitted on the small panel next to the EPB switch on the centre tunnel, not as easy to see but a neat install.
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #27611421st Mar 2008 7:58 pm
endy1

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
parrott 3100

Thanks for the quick response to position of kit. How easy was it to hide the wiring? Try as i might cannot see wires on your photos, did you purchase or make the support bracket/s. I assume I am best to folow links to purchase requisite mute leads etc? Thanks again for assistance.

Post #27628222nd Mar 2008 2:37 pm
wardpg

Mine was fitted by a mate who works for a car audio company, no wiring shows at all. The bracket used was one that came with the kit. The autolead cable was purchase from SIO along with an adapter cable for the Parrot. One of the good things about the Parrot is that if they update the software for new phones you can update your own kit using a laptop and bluetooth, just follow the instructions from the Parrot web site, lot easier than paying your local stealer.

Post #27656723rd Mar 2008 4:47 pm
neophyteguy

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I've got the Parrot with the LCD in mine.......Think it is the new 3100? It is mounted just to the right of buttons to the right of the stereo and is stuck on with velcro. Doesnt move a bit and it completely out of the way.......Works great with my blackberry that has voice dialling....................
 Picked up my new MY08 Stornaway TDV6 SE late Feb. FULLY STOKED! Thanks in advance for all the advice/tips you guys have shared on here!!!!!!!!!!!!
1976 Kombi - Bob
1961 Karmann Ghia - Audrey
1968 Wife-HOT! 

Post #27671824th Mar 2008 9:40 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >