Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

D3 insurance renewal... Where do I go?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks for your replies. I re read my post and it does give the impression I am intending not to declare the remap. Apologies for that as I have no intention of doing so. I asked the question as I've just bought a very nice 2009 HSE and need insurance renewal from 1st Sept. When I enter the mods which are remap < but not sure exactly if its economy one or what )' side steps, , v8 front brake upgrade, darkened rear windows, toe bar and D 4 rear lights fitted the sites go into melt down and don't quote. I was trying to avoid having to call individual companies but I will try those recommended.

Post #151595215th Aug 2015 10:10 am
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Tbh a lot of the companies in the Yellow Pages won't touch it as computer says no.

LV for example have a limit of 2 mods on a vehicle, even though all but one of mine was factory or dealer fitted Genuine accessories.
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #151596015th Aug 2015 10:27 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

terryall wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I re read my post and it does give the impression I am intending not to declare the remap. Apologies for that as I have no intention of doing so. I asked the question as I've just bought a very nice 2009 HSE and need insurance renewal from 1st Sept. When I enter the mods which are remap < but not sure exactly if its economy one or what )' side steps, , v8 front brake upgrade, darkened rear windows, toe bar and D 4 rear lights fitted the sites go into melt down and don't quote. I was trying to avoid having to call individual companies but I will try those recommended.

Frankly, I'm quite glad to not be able to use comparison sites, since they'd never give what I ask for anyway. Mad

I just check a few companies and as long as it's reasonable, I'm happy with that. A-Plan are good. Currently with NFU and inclined to stay with them if they remain competitive - neatly, we now also have both cars and a horse trailer all on one policy. In my experience, you may get a cheaper price, but you can then regret it if you have to go through a claim.

Thumbs Up
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #151597315th Aug 2015 11:00 am
ruggedpeak

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Agree with that - I buy on basis of claims experience as if you do end up in a serious collision £50 saved on premium may be at the cost of a nightmare claims experience. Always do a search on the actual underwriter and their claims process. A certain 4x4 broker uses a certain insurer to provide cheap deals, but their reviews around claims are appalling.

Just had claim via LR Insurance, went smoothly, and repairs are via main dealer so Genuine Parts to LR repairs standards (in theory!). Costs about £100 a year extra over the cheapest, but saved huge amount of time not faffing around.
 Tony

Club RLD Wheel Protector & Sump Guard
Club 4x4 Info activated 

Post #151597615th Aug 2015 11:12 am
terryall

Just took out insurance with site sponsor A-Plan and got a very fair price on my Disco 3 disclosing all mods
inc remap,side steps, upgraded rear lights to D4 and tow bar. Also moved my wife's Nissan Figaro to them as well. Double loss for Admiral and cheaper than them as well.

Post #151711618th Aug 2015 1:58 pm
WarHammer

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Terry,

FYI...the remap was an economy one (mainly to improve fuel economy and low down power) - the tinted windows are not a mod and were factory fitted option from new.

The other mods were side steps (to ease access), V8 front brake upgrade (to improve braking performance) and towbar (with the dream of using it for bike carriage or even a caravan if I could have ever persuaded the wife to let us have one).

I always found the likes of Adrian Flux or Chris Knott ( am I allowed to mention their names on these forums - if not please can a mod edit out?) to be great brokers for 4x4 type or performance related / modified vehicles).

Hope that helps

Tim

Post #151815921st Aug 2015 12:43 am
terryall

Thanks for the info Tim. As mentioned above I went with A-Plan in the end and made sure I declared everything that is not standard and they ignored most of them. I was asked what was the percentage power increase from the remap and could only answer it was for economy! Made a change talking to somebody in an office as opposed to a call centre!
Absolutely delighted with the Disco Tim and it's to your credit for the condition it is in which is superb by any standards. Dare I mention it - how's the company BMW?

Terry

Post #151821221st Aug 2015 9:01 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >