Post Reply  Down to end
Page 39 of 45 <123 ... 383940 ... 434445>
Sketch08

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

wiggs wrote:
urhunden wrote:
Will an updated D3 module be the same as an D4module? ....no

Do you still have an exchange service... Yes

Have seen your instructions, but it seems that the module is placed differently.
Under the fusebox or in the bootarea.
Please explain... This is for a retrofit .. It's easier than running it all the way to the back

I know I
This is an old thread but does anyone offer this service still?? Desperately need this sorting on me D3

Post #21583503rd Jul 2020 6:18 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi,

You are reacting for bluetooth in a Nav topic... that are two Different subjects

Better go here for bluetooth:
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/d4-bluetoot...=Bluetooth
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21583543rd Jul 2020 6:52 am
Sketch08

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Thanks for the reply motolab. I have seen that thread but it seems its dependant on someone having a faultmate or software of the like.
I have put a post here and there but no-one's getting back to me, hence why I'd thought of trying this this thread.

Can you recommend anyone who can help or offers this service??

Any help will be appreciated.

Post #21583813rd Jul 2020 8:37 am
Motolab

Pollution of topics, with not topic related questions does not make topics very readable for others, At least very very long, like this one.., that is why i did sent you that link..
No offence, just a tip..

You have to wait untill you can sent PM’s and then try member Wiggs

Go to the other topic regarding Bluetooth and you will get help soon , i am sure..
Wiggs, PeteK and others will react, just be patient Wink
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #21583893rd Jul 2020 9:03 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

For info I enabled the venture cam in the CCF options today. It made a difference to the D4 display.

Before I am allowed in the 4x4 display there is a warning message I need to accept Rolling Eyes
There is now an extra button in the 4x4 display for the cam.
and extras buttons to turn the light on/off (though this don't work) and a selection.

I was considering hooking up a front camera, but the extra message is annoying.

Post #216279622nd Jul 2020 7:46 pm
Pete K

Hi

Did anyone get the DAB working in the end ?

Post #216351426th Jul 2020 11:47 am
Motolab

Update regarding rear view camera on my D4 screen..

I had some difficulty with a newly bought HD camera ( NTSC) who did give blue ish stripes and the hidden menu, said PAL camera (by default chosen) ..

Motolab wrote:

Nope my camera is not working... they sent me a PAL version now...

On the D4 screen, in the hidden menu, you can “change” pal to ntsc, it seems... but it does not “hold” (springs back to PAL as soon as you look at another setting) and since the image does not change at all, if i hit the button, i think it, does nothing....

Maybe a PAL camera does the job, i keep you posted...

Well... to keep you updated, interesting development today...

I did receive a PAL HD camera, today..... as a replacement for the NTSC ....

BUT, it still did not work! Censored

Bottom line, their first supplied cable , tulip-tulip.... was faulty...

I did check it with the new supplied cable... and working like a dream!

Click image to enlarge

I am not sure if i want to activate the parking lines, so try it for a period, without..

So... NTSC HD camera is working although the D4 screen screen itself says in the hidden menu, PAL by default..
PAL camera does NOT work by the way.. D4 screen does not change anything regarding auto detect.. changing with the button PAL/NTSC button also gives no Change (as it does not memorise it in the first place, wasn’t an option eitherway)
 Best regards
Harold

Post #216788615th Aug 2020 6:42 pm
Motolab

PatGAPInnov wrote:
Quote:
DAB: we will try to squeeze it in this week...
Added, will be available in the beta firmware next week!

Reading and re-reading this topic, i can not figure it out... DID this mod by GAP ever lead to succes?

I did try a in2digi unit yesterday, enabled the only “DAP” option in the CCF file, but nothing happens, exept the DAP button is not grayed out anymore, but pushing it... nothing happens..

Also the CD function on a D4 screen in a D3 is that ever “solved” / implemented?
 Best regards
Harold

Post #21838451st Nov 2020 1:03 pm
Pete K

CD Function best avoided. When used you can end up with no sound, and have to reboot the unit to recover I think,
There is nothing exciting about it anyway. It doesn't tell you how many disc are loaded or their titles

Post #21838611st Nov 2020 2:53 pm
Motolab

Yeahh i know.. not important... was just curious if it was adressed and or solved.

More important, i do like to know from GAP if and what they did with DAP on a D3 (with D4 screen maybe)

Since Pat wrote here, that it was adressed somehow...
 Best regards
Harold

Post #21838731st Nov 2020 4:33 pm
Motolab

Well, i contacted GAP and they thought it was not possible.......
although i read somewere here they adressed it.... so not...

They did give me access to a extended CCF editor so i could try more settings...

I do have an original LR DAB unit and a in2digi DAP+ unit...

Both do not work.... tried every possible setting....

Some like these..

And others....

Checked the MOST circuit twice on the correct in & out..

Only the DAB button on the D4 screen lights up, but pushing it.. does not turns it on...

Only one possible solution is maybe possible.... change the position in the MOST loop... i tried it now between the Bluetooth module and the TMC module.. as that is for me the best option regardingvantenna and space.... maybe between the headunit and or the screen is better..

Keep you posted.. (in time)
 Best regards
Harold

Post #21854928th Nov 2020 8:34 pm
GBRover

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Atacama SandLR3

In theory MOST position on the network should not matter. But I am curious....

On another note, I located the grey factory plug for the rear of the D4 Nav unit - the connector for doing this conversion. We often buy the display, but the harness is left behind. I would LOVE to find a female counterpart for the D3 screen and make some conversion kits. But for now that will wait. So if anyone needs a connector and is in the U.S., let me know and for a couple bucks I will send you one. It is the connector only, no metal contacts inside. If I can source the other connector I will make up some kits and let everyone know. I still need to convert mine over, but I will feel better having a proper connector in the back.

Post #218752017th Nov 2020 5:21 am
Pete K

I took the pins out the old connector, and put them in the new one.
Far from easy with that type of connector though

Click image to enlarge

Post #218752217th Nov 2020 5:37 am
GBRover

CD player update. I know some asked a while back but I did not see any updates about on-screen CD functions. Then again even though I have read this thread more than a few times, maybe I missed it.

I do have the untested CCF list from GAP but I dont think its needed. The setting change was simple and I do now have a menu for CD on the display. I changed a lot in my CCF working on another goal, so this was accidental but I think only two things need changing:

CD unit: Multi CD auto changer
CD player: Multi CD Mechanism is fitted

You may also want to check this setting if the two above do nothing:

Internal audio control module audio player: Integrated audio module with 6-disc CD player

When the settings work you get the CD menu on the left as you do other sources. The settings button brings up a couple other CD related features.

The on-screen CD functionality is not without issue. First I will disclose I have one issue with my D4 Nav screen setup when it comes to audio. When I select Aux form the screen, it switches over just fine. But I can not switch back to AM/FM radio form the screen. I can from the physical head unit but the display will still show aux is selected until I restart the vehicle. This has been an issue from day one and might mean there is some odd compatibility issue that could also be causing the issues I will now explain related to CD controls.

First I can switch, via nav display, between aux and CD just fine. Still can not switch to AM/FM after these changes.

The on-screen pause button does not work for me.

I am not sure if anything under 'settings' works, I did not listen to a track long enough to see if 'random' works, for example. Since they dont turn orange when selected, I bet like the pause button they do not function.

There are no on-screen controls for 'next track', etc. Maybe that is normal.

I can not selected a different CD from the display. If CD1 is playing and I press CD2 there is an audible beep, but then the playing music cuts out and volume control is lost via the head unit and steering control. If you power cycle the head unit, audio comes back and a lower level BUT there is still no volume control. To regain volume control you have to restart the vehicle.

Post #218794518th Nov 2020 9:15 pm
GBRover

Another thing.... my rear camera.

Think I am maybe screwed on this without a GVIF module. I did the GAP change to MY10, my D4 nav unit switch from no rear camera to rear camera fitted when I look under Vehicle Configurations in the hidden menu.

But I get no black screen with warning like others get pre-camera install. Camera comes Friday so I though I would at least configure it today.

Cant find any other settings. And the Nav unit does detect reverse as show in Vehicle Inputs and on the 4x4 screen.

Anyone else run into this with a solution? Rather not have to go the GVIF route....

Post #218796018th Nov 2020 9:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 39 of 45 <123 ... 383940 ... 434445>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >