DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Disco 4 screen freeze and battery drain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Bcook04

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
Disco 4 screen freeze and battery drain

Hi there,
This is my first post but i'll try to be as detailed as possible. I have a 2010 Discovery 4 with the touch screen sat nav/radio. The screen was consistently freezing and the radio would not try to find a signal as well as not allowing you to press any of the functions; the worst was staying on even with a black screen until it would display a low power message and eventually drain the battery completely unless you caught it in the act. Looking at older forum posts a common fix is a fuse pull as well as a battery disconect and connect the terminals to drain any static. This would fix the issues for a few cycles until they would re-apear. I assumed it must be an issue with the radio itself and so i bought a second hand unit off ebay and fitted it. Initially it worked for the first few cycles and then the exact same symptoms would appear however, occasionaly the radio would get signal. I dont want to rule it being the unit itself out as i did buy a second hand unit after all, buy am wondering if anyone has a solution to this. I am currently thinking of having one of the units referbed/ updated or am i wasting my time with that and its somthing on the car itself. Many thanks in advance

Post #236465518th Mar 2024 7:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >