Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Disco warranty question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RobbyM

England 
Disco warranty question

I'm looking to get a Disco - probably going to wait until Feb / March, however, I'm in research mode. I think I'm leaning toward a Disco 4 and wondered what the warranty options are.

I'd be looking at a 2009 or 2010 car, so likely to be coming to the end of the manufacturers 3 years and I want one with up to 40k miles on it. I understand that if I buy from a Land Rover dealer they put 12 months warranty on it and you can extend for another 12 months at extra cost so I would then have 2 years warranty on the car.

This feels like a decent option but I wondered if I buy a private sale car that's still within the 3 years manufacturers warranty, can I then extend the warranty via Land Rover ?

Also - any thoughts on any viable aftermarket warranties welcomed - I'm always sceptical of them !

Post #100210512th Nov 2012 10:57 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

You should be able to extend it but be aware this is not the manufactuer's warranty, it's a LR branded Car Care Plan product so check carefully what it covers & (more importantly) what it doesn't. Better warranties out there from a cover point of view but not as convenient as the LR one. Pays yer money etc. Thumbs Up

Post #100210712th Nov 2012 11:01 am
RobbyM

England 

Thanks for this - any pointers on the better ones out there ? I guess the things that I'd like to be covered for a re engine / turbos etc...air sus components, major electronics etc... gearbox / drivetrain.

I'd just like 2 / 3 years relatively shock free motoring ! (Having had an FFRR, I'm realistic !)

Post #100211112th Nov 2012 11:06 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I've had Warranty Direct, now on year 3 cover with them and they get the Thumbs Up from me. Other disagree. Rolling Eyes Snigger Their cover is pretty comprehensive and continues from day 1 if you're coming from a warranty. Best for me is wear & tear cover. Ok, you have to get claim authorised before starting work and pay then claim, never had any problems with this. Just don't expect every squeek & rattle to be covered, if you want that then you need to stay in manufacturer's warranty and have cars no older than 3 years. I'm deffo quids in with every year I've run a warranty but treat it like insurance for the big items like engines, all little cams are a bonus. With the reliability I've experienced over three D3s I would never dream of going it alone as while I can afford to spend a fortune on things like engines, turbos, gearboxes etc, I choose not to as I can easily affect the "insurance". Mr. Green

Post #100211712th Nov 2012 11:15 am
d3mad

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Another one to consider

I looked into them thoroughly and the one that stuck out above the rest for me was Warrantwise with Quentin Willson.

They had better cover and no real exclusions. Not cheap, but better than unaffordable bill. Their reviews are good to

http://www.warrantywise.co.uk/
 2 x D3's (Twins)
TDV6 HSE 2006 - Buckingham Blue - Wintrac Exreme S
HIDS4U GVIF + Reversing camera
HIDS4U Blackvue HD front and rear
HIDS4U OSRAM CBI xenon bulbs +
HIDS4U LED's interior & exterior
CKO Twin DVB-TV Freeview Tuner
Traxide Dual Battery System with Optima
BAS FBH remote
Bodsy DRL's
Bodsy EGR's Blanked
V8 Brake Upgrade by Steve, Advanced Factors 

Post #100250712th Nov 2012 9:40 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

DO NOT go with warrantywise!!!!!!! it is scam company never paid for repairs not mentioning the fact of never sending proper reasoning why refused to pay???
1K blown out the window

Post #100255212th Nov 2012 10:37 pm
relikade

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Disco warranty question

RobbyM wrote:
If I buy from a Land Rover dealer they put 12 months warranty on it and you can extend for another 12 months at extra cost so I would then have 2 years warranty on the car

that's what i done, car has 9 months manufacturers left, dealer added 3 months approved and i paid for another year approved. You get assistance and £750 mot warranty too

Post #100258313th Nov 2012 12:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >