Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Discovery 3 Code
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jentec

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Discovery 3 Code

Hi all, My discovery 3 is dropping the suspension after driving about 15 k, i have changed the relay (70amp) and have new compressor fitted a while back, no leaks, suspension works perfect when fault is not shown, i have an I car reader and it is showing fault code PO832 Clutch pedal switch A Circuit high ?
Is this just a matter of changing clutch switch ??

Jentec.

Post #222935210th May 2021 1:42 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

You could try bleeding the clutch and see if it helps but it's doubtful (use pressurised bleeder) Alternatively, there might be a damaged wire where the cable runs into the large block terminal connectors on top of the NSR chassis rail, as the switch itself rarely gives trouble.

If not, the switch comes with the CLUTCH master cylinder and it's a pig to change it.

The fault affects the "normal" operation of other systems which is why the suspension is dropping.

Does the hand brake auto release still work when you lift the clutch to pull away?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222936010th May 2021 2:10 pm
jentec

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Profsr G

Thanks for response, as i always manually switch off hand brake i had not noticed auto release is not working !! can you explain why this would would cause the fault ? as i also get the usual HTC special programs off,

Jentec

Post #222939710th May 2021 5:23 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

OK this might be a bit long winded to explain but Laughing......

In order for the D3 to do what it does particularly when off road, all of the vehicle systems need to "talk" to each other. This is done by means the Controller Area Network (CAN) via a BUS signal which communicates with each relevant component in each system. (ABS, HDC, TCM, EAS, Engine, etc)
This in turn allows each system component to know what the other is doing, so that the combined technology and safety features can be applied to every situation.

In your case, if there is a failure relating to the clutch pedal switch, the system cannot see a signal when the clutch is depressed or released. So none of the systems now know if the clutch is engaged or not, and this has a "knock on" effect as the failure is passed to the next and each subsequent control module.
This results in a COMMS error from each relevant control module or a "cascade" of errors signalled by a "U" code as well as the "actual" fault code being reported and logged.

Although this might seem way overcomplicated to sort out when these types of problems occur, usually it's not difficult at all. The hardest part is often knowing where to look rather than the actual repair itself.

You could try in the first instance to unplug the connector from the clutch pedal switch just in case there is any damp corrosion in there.

Beyond that, I would suggest you inspect carefully the two block terminal connectors on the NSR chassis rail behind the wheel. There should be a black plastic flap covering the terminals, in any case they are very exposed to water and grit which can often chip away at the exposed cables creating a weak connection or a complete break. You may have to consult the wiring diagram to perform a proper test on the integrity of the identified cable, but don't disconnect the block terminals at this point.

You would need to recalibrate the suspension heights if they are disconnected, and to be honest the inside of the connectors are rarely the problem! If the wiring proves to be "sound" then it is likely a new clutch MS will be required Big Cry

Take it in steps, start with the small stuff and work through it Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222940810th May 2021 7:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >