Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Discovery 3 V8 owners? how many left!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 57 of 60 <123 ... 5657 585960>
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Out of curiosity what year did the D3 V8 go up to please , many thanks Thumbs Up

Post #22980421st Jul 2022 12:37 pm
Duc750

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

UK market I think it was MY 06, bit some were sold on 07/57 plates

US and ROW all the way to the end
 05 D3 V8 HSE, LR Passion tree bars, wildbear compressor guard, LRP switch panel, ARB rear locker + compressor, Trigger 6 shooter electrical system
12 RRS SDV6 HSE (Hers) - Gone and replaced with an I Pace - I can tell you now EV is not the future yet
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #22980431st Jul 2022 12:38 pm
gstuart

Bless u for the information, also see the D4 5.0 litre were all imports from Japan

At the end of the day because I’ve done so much work on my current TDV6 D3 it would be a dream of getting the 4.4 TDV8 conversion done my @Disco mikey , however , imagine I wouldn’t get much change out of 10k

Post #22980451st Jul 2022 12:43 pm
Duc750

of the RHD yes - Aus SA or Jap import

of the D4 V8s they ran until 2013 MY - 2010 and 11 MY had the moody cam chains 12 and 13 MY had the good ones

2014 switched to the SCV6 which is the v8 engine block with two less pistons (but not a 25% reduction in block) and a supercharger

I think all other markets got the SCV6 option but Europe. Honestly that's never interested me really as that engine doesn't have a lot low down really and so is probably not best suited to the disco

I would think a petrol conversion to the 5.0 SC V8 from the RRS would be a good bet
 05 D3 V8 HSE, LR Passion tree bars, wildbear compressor guard, LRP switch panel, ARB rear locker + compressor, Trigger 6 shooter electrical system
12 RRS SDV6 HSE (Hers) - Gone and replaced with an I Pace - I can tell you now EV is not the future yet
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #22980471st Jul 2022 12:54 pm
gstuart

Bless u and Many thanks for the fantastic information Thumbs Up

feel the D4 5.0 might be abit to much for me , ie if I could service it myself etc, however there out my price range @35k + , also like the jag i Pace but again out my league

Alas after my current D3 it’s what choices I’ve got, personally wouldn’t get another TDV6 due to the underlying issues , which leaves a RRS 4.4 TDV8 or seriously look into getting mine converted to the 4.4 TDV8 , another is the FFRR , but insurance would be a killer

Thks again as find this such a fascinating conversation, yeh i know I need to get out more, lol

Post #22980481st Jul 2022 1:15 pm
Duc750

We replaced her diesel sport (which was a lovely car) with an Ipace which is probably the best "Car" of the Evs in my view

I also obviously get to drive the D3 V8 - the V8 is the best "Landrover" I've owned - it doesn't make you feel "special" like a RR (FF or sport) does but it drives like a discovery which i very much like

If the Ipace did not fit the "mission" of my wife's commute so perfectly she'd have kept the RRS or switched out for a 5.0 V8
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #22980501st Jul 2022 1:22 pm
gstuart

Many Thks as this is so helpful Thumbs Up

See on the i pace that not all come with air suspension , however I assume there all 4WD

Do find the D3 makes me smile in the way it drives , so impressed that it doesn’t wallow round bends stays very well planted at motorway speeds , extremely comfortable and quiet , alas Never owned a FFRR

Plus don’t like the dynamic anti roll,bar system on the RRS , prefer it on the FFRR where it’s controlled on the struts

Don’t get me wrong would be lovely to have a FFRR , TDV8 4.4 it’s just the insurance , plus of course being a Range Rover don’t know what there like to work on

At the end of the day doing such low milage I assume if I got a TDV8 would have to do forced regens,

Last edited by gstuart on 1st Jul 2022 2:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #22980561st Jul 2022 2:11 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

I do miss my D3 V8. However nearly 1500miles in on the BMW and I still haven't visited the petrol station. That sort of helps ease the pain........ Rolling with laughter

Post #22980571st Jul 2022 2:15 pm
Duc750

gstuart wrote:

See on the i pace that not all come with air suspension , however I assume there all 4WD

Do find the D3 makes me smile in the way it drives , so impressed that it doesn’t wallow round bends stays very well planted at motorway speeds , extremely comfortable and quiet , alas Never owned a FFRR

Plus don’t like the dynamic anti roll,bar system on the RRS , prefer it on the FFRR where it’s controlled on the struts

Don’t get me wrong would be lovely to have a FFRR , TDV8 4.4 it’s just the insurance , plus of course being a Range Rover don’t know what there like to work on

At the end of the day doing such low milage I assume if I got a TDV8 would have to do forced regens,

Ours doesn't have air - its no worse for it - it means it doesn't have dynamic suspension either but it can be driven with a high level of enthusiasm quite happily.

Total difference to the V8 - if you put your foot down from standing in the ipace all you here is giggling - in the V8 there's a lot more going on with gear changes etc, exhaust note etc.
EV is fair less engaging to drive
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #22980591st Jul 2022 2:31 pm
DP123

gstuart wrote:

feel the D4 5.0 might be abit to much for me , ie if I could service it myself etc, however there out my price range @35k + , also like the jag i Pace but again out my league

Alas after my current D3 it’s what choices I’ve got, personally wouldn’t get another TDV6 due to the underlying issues , which leaves a RRS 4.4 TDV8 or seriously look into getting mine converted to the 4.4 TDV8 , another is the FFRR , but insurance would be a killer

Thks again as find this such a fascinating conversation, yeh i know I need to get out more, lol

Have you actually run insurance quotes yet?

There was practically no difference between the L332, RRS and Disco 3 for me. The Disco was actually most expensive, albeit only by a small margin.

Post #22980651st Jul 2022 5:04 pm
DP123

Duc750 wrote:
UK market I think it was MY 06, bit some were sold on 07/57 plates

US and ROW all the way to the end

Howmanyleft suggests there are around 320 taxed petrol D3s in the UK right now.

Post #22980671st Jul 2022 5:06 pm
gstuart

pjm-84 wrote:
I do miss my D3 V8. However nearly 1500miles in on the BMW and I still haven't visited the petrol station. That sort of helps ease the pain........ Rolling with laughter

Oh wow that’s some range m what beemer have u got plse, thks

Post #22980691st Jul 2022 5:41 pm
gstuart

Duc750 wrote:
gstuart wrote:

Ours doesn't have air - its no worse for it - it means it doesn't have dynamic suspension either but it can be driven with a high level of enthusiasm quite happily.

Total difference to the V8 - if you put your foot down from standing in the ipace all you here is giggling - in the V8 there's a lot more going on with gear changes etc, exhaust note etc.
EV is fair less engaging to drive

Think one of the main reasons I really like air suspension is being able to lower it which makes life a lot easier for me to get in and out , along with the ride comfort , but being a jag I can just imagine on coils it’s very comfy

I bet there is, lol, heard that acceleration on many electric cars can be blistering ith 0-60 times in under 5 x seconds , regarding V8’s saw a program about them cutting in like a motor that opens and closes a shutter to make it quieter or nosier

Wonder what car designers like rolls and royce, martin - bamford of Aston Martin etc would think of the modern electric cars , but trying to remember if the first idea was in the 1800’s

Post #22980701st Jul 2022 5:54 pm
gstuart

DP123 wrote:
gstuart wrote:

Have you actually run insurance quotes yet?

There was practically no difference between the L332, RRS and Disco 3 for me. The Disco was actually most expensive, albeit only by a small margin.

Indeed, for my D3 it’s around £400 , for the FFRR and RRS with the TDV8 4.4 or 5.0 litre V8 the insurance was around £800-900 so virtually double, trackers I think offered around 5% discount , that’s with having a clean full licence for over 25 x years , parked on private driveway , 10 + years of protected NCB , limited milage under 4,000 miles

As everything seems to be going up I wonder if car insurance will also increase

Post #22980721st Jul 2022 6:01 pm
DP123

Was that via the comparison sites? My quotes were much lower. I'm 40 with only 5yrs no claims, and I live in London...

Post #22980741st Jul 2022 6:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 57 of 60 <123 ... 5657 585960>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >