Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

EGR fault? P140E-00
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
djw113uk

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
EGR fault? P140E-00

My 2005 2.7TDV6 HSE has just gone for its gearbox swap. It drove 70 miles to the transmission shop yesterday with no issues at all and no fault codes. They have called today so say its in limp mode - their scanner shows:
P140A-00 Exhaust gas recirculation sensor C circuit low
p140E-00 Exhaust gas recirculation position sensor C min / max stop performace
and
P138E-00 Turbo Boost control position sensor A - min Max stop performance

They are unable to start the work as they need it out of default mode in order to re-calibrate the gearbox on completion.

The car has a habit of throwing turbo actuator - 'engine system fault' as it isnt used very much, but its odd that it didnt do anything yesterday. A good dose of Wd40 and lots of exercise seems to fit that!
I've often seen the sensor C circuit low error before, but it never creates a fault or warning light.
The EGR sensor C min / max error concerns me... is there a way to fix this?, Is it going to clear by fixing the turbo actuator fault? Would this fault create limp mode too? or do we think that just turbo actuator is creating the error?
Unfortunately the car is now 70 miles from me, and only accessible within my own working hours, so I need to go to it prepared in order to fix it, else the gearbox swap of off!

I believe that blanking the EGR wouldn't clear the error? I think I've got two EGRs, so which is the faulty one? How easy are they to swap?

Many thanks

Post #235988824th Jan 2024 2:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >