Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

EGT sensor, Can it cause restricted performance?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
EGT sensor, Can it cause restricted performance?

Hi All , My cars been parked up for a few days now Big Cry After getting the fan connection fixed and last week’s issue of restricted performance, on diagnosis’s it came out that it’s a EGT sensor,(Didn’t get the code )My local indi had it in last week to change the sensor but just my luck on Friday afternoon and the garage due to shut for a week as the 2 who run it are off for a week the wrong sensor was sent from the dealer :roll , He fitted the one they sent after having a bit of trouble getting the old one out just to see if this would make a difference and clear the fault as there’s not a lot of difference between them!! So we thought Whistle Also as not to leave a hole where the other one came out and to get me home. Also the one that was removed wasn’t in the best shape after a bit of a struggle removing it This as expected didn’t clear the fault and is still in restricted performance, I was just living in hope that it would clear it till I can get it back and fit the correct one , What’s thoughts on the correct sensor getting the car back to normal performance? Can the EGT sensor throw it into restricted performance? Tried ordering the new one myself late on Friday from my nearest dealer to see if I can get it fitted elsewhere this week as would you believe we were going away in the car for a few days Crying or Very sad, No news on the sensor yet from dealer, Part Number WDN500110, Will try them again tomorrow Thud The correct one will be with the mechanic next week but was hoping if I got one to try another indi I know and see if I could get it done sooner and get it back up and running, Staring at it on the drive ain’t no fun Big Cry [/code]

Post #234642529th Aug 2023 6:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >