Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

European Breakdown cover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Andyk41

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
European Breakdown cover

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a good company to get cover from. I am with the AA in the UK and have been quoted £150 from them for our 3 week trip but wondered if anyone knows if they are any good or if there are any other ones to look at
 06 S, sticker, colour coded boot handle and sill guards added within 2 hours of getting it!!!  
Post #113566424th Jul 2013 7:38 pm
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

you can buy an anual policy with eu cover from greenflag for that
do a search on money supermarket and it will come up with prices annually from 60 pounds

Post #113566824th Jul 2013 7:39 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic73675.html?highlight=adac

Post #113568924th Jul 2013 8:06 pm
Andyk41

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Cheers for the advice, one thing that appealed about the AA was the insurance towards costs of parts and repair but am not so sure if it will be worth it.
 06 S, sticker, colour coded boot handle and sill guards added within 2 hours of getting it!!!  
Post #113570724th Jul 2013 8:53 pm
luv_my_v8

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

We used AA five star cover a few years ago on our "Grand European Tour". (91 Disco V8). Predictably, the Disco gave up the ghost in Slovenia. Called AA and they were with us within the hour. Head gaskets had failed, so they put me on a recovery truck and took us across the border to The LR dealer in Trieste. Said dealer was just pulling down the shutters and heading off on two weeks vacation, as was every other garage in town.

So, AA put me back on the recovery truck and took us back to the campsite in Slovenia where we were staying. We packed up camp and they arranged to repatriate the car to the UK and we were taken to the nearest Europcar office (in Verona). We were put in a brand new Astra and told we had up to nine days hotel expense cover, "So, make a holiday of it and enjoy your drive back to Calais". This we did. We were told to take the car to the OnTime Automotive depot in Calais, where it was swapped for a RHD new Passat, which we took through the tunnel and home.

The Disco got home about two weeks later, and they took it direct to my garage for me.

Real VIP service, nothing was too much trouble. Best money I have EVER spent. Like having a magic wand, or "Get Out of Jail Free" card!

The only way we had to change our trip was we intended to go through Eastern Rurope, but the hire car wasn't permitted outside the EEA. Also, we couldn't camp because there wasn't room for the kit in the Astra. (It came back in the Disco, unmolested). Instead we had nine nights of 3 star hotel accom. That was wife, myself and three children.

HTH.

Post #113581925th Jul 2013 12:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >