Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

FBH replaced by warranty direct?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DiscoJake

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
FBH replaced by warranty direct?

Morning, has anyone managed to get the FBH replaced by warranty direct?

I asked Listers to check it out during service last month and they said they'd updated the software? But it seems to smoke worse than ever now.
I've been sat in traffic and the cloud of smoke it puts out envelops the whole car, you should see the looks I got from cars next to me and pedestrians! Embarassed

This was yesterday morning:

I need to persuade Listers to approach warranty direct but has anyone had any luck with a FBH? I'm most concerned about their exclusion from carbon build up Rolling Eyes

Of course I could follow Robbie's excellent guide and remove FBH, dismantle and clean but there is no guarantee that will fix it and I really haven't got the time on weekends with 3 kids and busy work schedule at moment Thumbs Up

Post #161142517th Feb 2016 7:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anglefire

England 

If it runs reliably now, it should clear itself of smoke - but make sure it has some really good long burns, either with a remote line Pete Bells or the Webasto sofware, or when driving normally.

The only other reason it can smoke (Stating the bleeding obvious) is too much fuel - either the chamber has been primed a few times and it has pooled - in which case it should clear eventually if you use it regularly, or it does have a leak.

As for WD paying out - I doubt it unless your dealer can condemn it as being faulty.
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #161143317th Feb 2016 8:33 am
A1GSS

England 

The FBH in my FF was replaced by Warrant Direct. Came to over £1500.
 ____
Gone: 10MY L320 RR Sport HSE, Ipanema Sand
Gone: 20MY Jaguar iPace HSE, Silicon Silver
Gone: 17MY RR Evoque SE Tech, Loire Blue
Gone: 08MY Discovery 3 XS, Stornoway Grey
Gone: 07MY FFRR TDV8 Vogue, Stornoway Grey 

Post #161143917th Feb 2016 9:05 am
DiscoJake

I have a 1533 timer on remote and I run it every morning at this time of year and it fires on it's own when heating requires it.
It always smokes and always has, i ran it until the timer turned it off yesterday (30mins) so there should be no ressidue left yet when it fired in the evening on the way home there was a massive cloud as usual.

I don't expect to get much out of WD but I have luxury care and it is covered in theory so if the garage will condemn it then don't see why not.

Post #161144217th Feb 2016 9:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dai-Disco3

I have a Webasto Thermo Top C on my Narrow boat and the only reason this has every smoked is carbon build up. This happens faster as Red Diesel is used all the time.

Would suggest it needs a strip and clean, Robbies guide shows how this can be done. Both the Thermo Top C and the units in D3's are relatively simple, so long as you are careful and don't force anything they are robust to cope with a strip down. It could be that the gauze in the burner is damaged replacing just the burner can is simple, albeit the part is a little pricey Big Cry .

Is there anything in the air intake? This would cause a rich smokey burn as well

Thankfully the FBH in mine runs very clean and barely smokes, but if it did I would strip first and see what is going on.

Have you got the diagnostic software?

Talk to a Webasto service 01427 787121

Post #161145417th Feb 2016 9:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >