DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Finance Paperwork
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Monkeyboy

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Finance Paperwork

Evening All,

I've been having a few issues with the purchase of my new D4. The week before delivery and exchanging funds etc, the salesperson left the main dealers overnight without any warning.
Since then I have taken delivery but the paperwork from the dealer is signed and dated by the employee that left over a week earlier, suggesting someone has used her name and forged her signature.

When i queried this amongst other issues with the dealer this morning I was told its a FSA requirement for all paperwork to be signed by the same employee to finalise the deal.
I'm not sure if I believe that, as to me an employee loses the right to sign on behalf of a company when their employment ceases.
I appreciate the high turnover in sales staff in most main dealers but as I've had a few issues with the purchase I'm going through everything making sure it's by the book.

Anyone shed any light on the rules please.
Cheers
Chris

Post #169109211th Aug 2016 7:07 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Go to the FSA and ask, go back to the dealer and tell them you are going to raise the issue with the FSA as you are not happy and see what they say.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #169111011th Aug 2016 7:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

sounds like a load of bull to me, so a bank clark leaves halfway through your mortgage application what would happen? i don't know if the same advisors name has to be on the finance application throughout but if they have forged signatures to avoid starting the paperwork over and are now trying to cover it up by lying they are on very dodgy ground.

If they have used an ex employees name and signature to complete your finance then thats impersonation fraud and I'm sure the regulators would take a very dim view.

Gather all the facts you can, stay calm with them and I would not go accusing them just yet but speak to the FSA to get their take.
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #169112111th Aug 2016 8:14 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I agree, unless it's signed and dated before the employee left. If it's dated after that I would argue that regardless of the FSA regulations it's null and void as the employee has lost the right to sign as an agent of the company.

If they argue otherwise,
- ask the FSA
- ask to see a copy of the employment contract that allows the employee to sign or that they were still an employee

It could also be the case that whilst the sales man walked out, they had not served their notice or worked it and were therefore technically employed until the employment contact was terminated.

I would ask the dealer this... in what capacity did they sign? Were they still employed by you and can I have some evidence to support that?
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #169112511th Aug 2016 8:20 pm
Monkeyboy

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Cheers chaps,

I'll get on to the fsa in the morning, I'm thinking about rejecting the car for a number of reasons as its not even a week old and it's already been back to the dealers for 3 days work.
This was just one more thing on the list Sad and it just felt a little odd to me.

Chris

Post #169113411th Aug 2016 8:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >