Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Front Seat Covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
grommet

United States 

From the Owner's Handbook The airbag supplementary restraint system (SRS) incorporates front airbags, seat mounted side airbags and curtain airbags for the driver and front seat passenger and curtain airbags for the rear seat outboard passengers.

Also, regarding seat covers... The following will impede correct operation of the airbags: Non-approved seat covers/accessory seat covers over a front seat; in particular, seat covers that have not been designed for use with seat mounted side airbags. If in doubt, consult your Land Rover Dealer/Authorised Repairer.

Post #43989th Jun 2005 11:13 pm
David & Maureen Price

Grommet
Many thanks for that info,I think you must be the only one who has read the handbook.
We are still struggling with the CD that LRA supplied it just gives us information overload not enough hours in the day to sift through the garble to find anything important.

Regards Dave
 Owner of Defender 110 Extreme 1999 with Expedition mods,Series 2 Disco 2001& Series3 TDV6  
Post #440010th Jun 2005 5:07 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NightFox

United Kingdom 

The curtain airbags are intended to protect the head and are at head height accordingly - the seat airbags, the torso. The curtain airbags also deflate slowly, as in a role your head may be thrown against the side of the vehicle at numerous times, whereas the "normal" airbags deflate almost instantly.

Post #441010th Jun 2005 3:08 pm
BN

England 

Just goes to show, I've got airbags in the seats, well I never even knew. I thought the tag was just Land Rover, must pay more attention, but as for reading the book Shocked no way. Thank goodness for Martin and his site otherwise I would never have found out. Embarassed

Post #442010th Jun 2005 5:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >