Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

GPS Speed Camera Detectors for europe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Thanks - Did it work in France ok - when I looked at the web site it said europe coming soon.

Post #32364219th Jul 2008 12:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tucker_j

England 

I was in France a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it went off once or twice, and a few weeks ago to accident blackspots and laser sites for the UK were added. For impartial advice speak to the guys at http://www.pogo-gps.co.uk/pogoalert.php.

They were very helpful when I couldn't decide which type to go for and the service was excellent.

Post #32364319th Jul 2008 12:12 pm
Sturge

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I left it so late in the end to sort something out, but found that the Roadpilot MicroGo works across Europe. Also it works out the box. Got it online from Halfords for £69 and did a collect at Store. Picked it up on way to Eurotunnel and unboxed it.

The database was Dec 2007 on it, and it wouldn;t update via my 3G connection on laptop. However it only missed a few on the way down, but got most of them. Probably went thorugh a dozen or so cameras in France and same in Spain.

Updated it when I got to spain and it worked a treat on the way back - only missed one somewhere south of Madrid.

It did however not have some gantry ones on the M20 which surprised me as my Origin B2 was busy chirping away about them and I'm sure they've been there some time.

Would definately recommend one for Europe, and for £69 very reasonable (not sure how much subscription is but for peace of mind on holiday must be worth it?)

I velcroed mine to the dash at the base of the windscreen, and this was also useful as I set it to show KPH so dead easy to keep an eye on speed rather than trying to do it on the speedo and read the small numbers.

Overall a Thumbs Up

Paul

Post #32636128th Jul 2008 12:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >