Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Handbrake light flashing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
shakey

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi,

The dealer has tried to fix this twice now both times saying they had upgraded the software, however the fault continues, I never change the sespension height so mine is always in normal when parked.

I have found that the bonging/light stops if you move the gear selector from 'P' to 'R' and back to 'P' again, so not sure if it's linked to the gearbox sensor.

if anyone finds a fix let please let me know.

Shakey

Post #6680624th Jul 2010 3:51 pm
MeanDorris

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Had a dealer investigate on mine on Friday, couldn't find anything either, i.e. no fault/ error codes.

Asked them to log the issue with Land Rover, maybe those of us suffering the problem should all get in touch with Land Rover oursleves...

Post #6681284th Jul 2010 7:14 pm
cte

Wales 

Mine went in today for software upgrade and I also mentioned this issue and the squealing brakes in reverse.
The line on the park brake issue was that 'the software upgrade should help'. Reference the squealing - they all do it and LR haven't found the solution yet. Had two bottles of wine in a wooden box and the car had a very good valet as well for from our visit. I wait and see!
Carwyn

Post #6686075th Jul 2010 10:37 pm
shakey

Update from contacting Land rover customer care re hand brake light, the technical team are working on a fix which they hope will be available shortly - so guess its a known problem with a fix sometime before the discovery 5 is released!!.

Best if you have this fault to log it with Land rover customer care at least then we may get a fast (faster) turnaround.

thanks

shakey

Post #67189214th Jul 2010 6:18 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

I also have been intermittenting having the flashing bonging handbrake light on start up - have had quite a lot of times now but it does seem to effect the performance of the EPB.

I have tried to figure out a pattern i.e. access/normal height or engaging P before/after applying EPB or engaging EPB before/after ignition off and not found any conclusive pattern Evil or Very Mad

Maybe if we all complete this poll I just setup we might find a pattern and can feed it back to LR Technical: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post671922.html

Post #67192414th Jul 2010 7:37 pm
Twells2Yoda

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
EPB Fault

Disco delivered June 24th, First fault now (Monday 30th.August, 3000 miles) = EPB failed to engage with red flashing "Parking Brake Fault" noted that fault appeared 20 miles after washing wheels with a bucket and brush only. Cleared later that day (on arriving at Dealers!) but re-appeared on moving to parking area, then cleared away again. Dealer (Harwoods - not the supplying dealer) booked in for Friday 3rd.(Today) as reckoned would possibly need half day - courtesy Freelander 2 accepted. On return, Dealer advised now that symptoms of the fault found in memory correspond exactly with recent software EPB fix update (June or July?) which has been applied. Car had been washed+tyres dressed and interior vacuumed. Also advised that, while not anticipated,should the fault return then they would immediately replace EPB Control unit.
Happy Bunny once again Very Happy
 LRD4 HSE Ipanema Sand/Arabica trim
http://www.southeast4x4response.co.uk
Downsizing to RRE in May15 

Post #6892393rd Sep 2010 10:48 pm
shakey

Hi,

Had an update from land rover head office on Thursday saying the fix is not yet ready and they will advise me when the software is released, so it sounds like several issues exist with the parking brake.

So I'm not sure if wells2Yoda has a different issue or if Land rover have told me a pack of lies.

Has anyone else had a fix applied for this parking brake issue in June/July?

shakey

Post #6894114th Sep 2010 9:51 pm
cte

Wales 

I took mine into dealers today as the car gave me a 'moment' in Bristol city centre last week. I had come to a halt at a red light on a hill shortly after moving off from cold. Had the bongs, flashing red light and Park Brake Fault message. On going to move off brake would not release either automatically ot manually - had to switch off engine and restart which let it off. Did the same again a few minutes later on the flat and had to switch on and off again. Too scared to use the park brake for the rest of that journey but car has been fine since.
Dealer asked for it to come in to see if any fault codes had been stored and there wasn't any so none the wiser.
Carwyn

Post #6899916th Sep 2010 4:12 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Me, I learned the hard way with my 54 plate D3, and now I NEVER use the park brake Laughing
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #6900846th Sep 2010 8:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mwestcrew

Me, I learned the hard way with my 54 plate D3, and now I NEVER use the park brake Laughing
Post #6900856th Sep 2010 8:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mwestcrew

Post #6900866th Sep 2010 8:11 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

mwestcrew wrote:

I assume that is the chorus......so where are the verses that usually fit between?

Post #6904967th Sep 2010 8:12 pm
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mwestcrew wrote:

How - do you carry a set of chocks around with you?

Post #6908408th Sep 2010 8:34 pm
Dorko

Australia 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Guys, my hand brake does this too... i have taken it back 3 times but they can't find a problem.

Anyone had theirs fixed?
 Dorko  
Post #69392817th Sep 2010 3:17 pm
top-tech

United Kingdom 

epb is out of calibration and thus puts the light on when re calibrating! software patch will be available at the stealer soon to stop the light from flashing Smile

Post #70207610th Oct 2010 11:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >