DISCO4.COM > North America & LR3/4

Help - towing electrics in N America
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
rhffgb

United Kingdom 
Help - towing electrics in N America

Hi guys,

I've had a thread going on a trailer electrics problem on the forum http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic23926.html?highlight= . The explanation appears to be that North American 12N & 12S sockets and wired differently from those in Europe and other countries. The car's CJB can be enabled for North America trailer connection using the electronic settings in the diagnostics system connected to the vehicle used by the dealer.

Unfortunately the electrics pack part supplied to me by the dealer (12N plus jumper lead for 12S) is the wrong one for my particular LR3 and Vin number - (I live & work in the Middle EAst and bought the car here). It seems the parts the UK dealer supplied me with are for the N American market.

So, can anyone let me know the following:

1 What are the pin functions and colour codes used in N America for the 7 pin 12N and 12 S trailer sockets?
2 What are the functions of each wire colour in LR's trailer electrics pack for 12N & 12S sockets where they are led to connectors that mate with the main wiring loom for the car?

Post #33233614th Aug 2008 3:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >