Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Am I :censored: 'd?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JamesG01

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Am I :censored: 'd?

I took out a policy with Jubilee via Adrian Flux back in December. Got a temporary certificate from Jubilee and a "thank you for all your paperwork and taking out a policy with us" note from Adrian Flux. Thought nothing much about it after, as I assumed the permanent stuff is in my ever-growing pile of stuff to sort out.

Just tried to renew my tax disc online, but was told the car is not in the Motor Insurance Database. That was strange.

Went through my pile, and lo and behold, I can't find a permanent insurance certificate. But nor can I find any communication saying "Sorry, sir, we will not insure you" nor has my money for the insurance been refunded to my debit card at any point since.

What's the deal?

Am I insured or am I not?

Is it possible I am and someone just didn't put my details into the database?

Or is it more likely that they took my money and I did not get insured after all?
 55-Reg Java Black SE, Unlocked SatNav (via Wiggs and Bodsy), Nudge Bar/Driving Lamps/RAI, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, RLD Sump Plate, RLD spare wheel protector

"Every movie-going moron knows that only a mining company could be evil enough to attack Smurfs living in a rainforest." - Doug Casey 

Post #64936415th May 2010 8:52 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

With most insurance polices that are just a renewel, its the notice that drops through the door telling you of the new policy and if there are no changes in circumstances you need not comunicate.

BUT

If its a NEW policy, you need to acknowledge the policy, and/or post the confimation back to them before they accept you.

Have you checked the bank statements, have they taken funds?

Post #64937215th May 2010 9:17 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

If not on MIB and no certificate best to assume you are not insured and either hit the phone with your credit card now (through someone else) or Monday hassle Flux, but keep car off the road.

Post #64938415th May 2010 9:30 pm
The Transformer

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

If they have taken funds then they are at fault.
We had an issue where Direct Line made a mistake (although we should have spotted it Embarassed ) but in theory were not covered.
Was assured by D line that because it was obvious it was their mistake they would have taken full responsibility.

Post #64939015th May 2010 9:38 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

ISTR had a similar problem with LR Ins, took weeks to get SWMBO's car on MIB when insured. They eventually sorted it out after seveal calls. Carried cert in car til saw it on MIB website.

Post #64939115th May 2010 9:40 pm
JamesG01

New policy and they definitely took (and never returned) funds, and also sent me an e-mail saying:

Quote:
We thank you for returning your forms and can confirm that we are in receipt of all that we require.

If you need a new certificate at any stage during your policy these can be requested at www.adrianflux.co.uk in our 'Existing Client's section.

However, there was no policy number written in the pdf file.

I am assuming I am not insured so will avoid driving tomorrow and Monday morning. It would just be my luck to have an accident then.

But really I'm hoping this is just a SNAFU. It's really disconcerting, to say the least. To think I could have been driving without insurance since December Embarassed Embarassed .
 55-Reg Java Black SE, Unlocked SatNav (via Wiggs and Bodsy), Nudge Bar/Driving Lamps/RAI, Front & Rear Lamp Guards, RLD Sump Plate, RLD spare wheel protector

"Every movie-going moron knows that only a mining company could be evil enough to attack Smurfs living in a rainforest." - Doug Casey 

Post #64939415th May 2010 9:45 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Sounds like you are covered but they don't send out certificated as a matter of course (weird!). But lack of car on MIB means you'd get pulled and if you can't prove insurance they'd seize the car. They say public transport is good for you! Wink

Post #64939815th May 2010 9:52 pm
JamesG01

Thanks for the advice, all.

Much appreciated. Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #64945416th May 2010 9:30 am
JamesG01

Update:

It appears I was covered, just a SNAFU with the paperwork...I have a temporary cover note and await something more permanent. I can now drive it again! Very Happy

Once again, thanks for all the advice. Thumbs Up

Post #65017117th May 2010 9:15 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Result!! Treat yourself to

Post #65019617th May 2010 9:52 pm
adam

United Kingdom 

Check check and check again - I drove around for 2.5 years in a Merc with (technically) no insurance as policy stipulated any vehicle with a value greater than £25K needed an approved tracking device fitted - which it didnt Shocked - Tesco never advised me at time of taking it out and I stupidly never checked.

Post #65025618th May 2010 7:07 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >