Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Insurance Renewal - Silly Quotes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Insurance Renewal - Silly Quotes

That horrible time of year again - need to get insurance on the D4 and a Fiesta. Both are currently with Admiral - they've not sent a renewal quote through but pricing on their website says I can get both insured for £356 (£206 for the D4, £156 for the Fiesta) - as the Fiesta is only worth about £5k the difference seems silly.

Yet, no one else comes close - the best other prices I have had are around £200 for the Fiesta and £500 (or higher) for the D4.

Looking for fully comp., SDP and commuting, legal cover and courtesy car - prices above reflect that. I've tried A Plan - they were third on the D4 (£499) - but wanted £299 for the Fiesta (seems steep).

Considering we're both in our late 30's with loads of no claims discount - can anyone recommend anywhere?

I am not happy with Admiral and want to move away because of their restriction in 4x4 events / green laning. Ideally I want to insure both with the same - but would consider other options.

Feeling frustrated.... Big Cry Big Cry - but at least have a month to go before signing on the dotted line

Thanks in advance.
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #136471127th Oct 2014 3:42 pm
Dave T

England 

Privilige have always been good for me or Lancaster if you want green lane/off road cover. Or what about NFU or Land Rover, they sometimes throw up strangley cheap quotes.
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #136471627th Oct 2014 3:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
John P

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

I'm with Adrian Flux, and I'm covered for off road use. Thumbs Up

Post #136473627th Oct 2014 5:02 pm
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Admiral will cover you for green laning and other 4x4 use.

However they wont disclose it before you take the policy out. You have to fill out one of those "Contact us" forms from your account section online and ask for clarification.

They send you through a standard letter template with a reference and your policy number on.

I've got one saying I'm covered for "Green Laning" on B.O.A.T's, as well as use for Volunteer driving "Requiring the use of a 4x4 Vehicle" for cover with 4x4 Response.

Post #136473827th Oct 2014 5:09 pm
Mr.Tom

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Wish I had seen that about two hours ago.... Bow down Bow down

Just signed up with Adrian Flux for the LR - green lane driving covered, £360 (so about the same as the Admiral quote on line) and £250 for the Fiesta (just cannot see why there is only £90 difference in price).

All in, it's about £250 less than what I paid last year, so no complaints there Very Happy Very Happy
 Sill protection - LED internal lights - LED reverse lights - boot liner - Dog Guard - Rock sliders

MY12 D4 HSE - been and gome
MY16 D4 Landmark 

Post #13672451st Nov 2014 4:18 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

when we wanted to do LRE Devon TREC day I checked admiral for cover on my policy..was told they don't cover off road ...moved there and then to landrover....
still feel our sponsor for insurance should pursue a day ticket scheme (to cover off road)

Post #13674101st Nov 2014 10:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >