Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

It's just a TV show...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 
It's just a TV show...

So why are people sending a contestant death threats and urging her to kill herself?

I don't watch the programme so have no knowledge/interest in how it works, but the fall out from a recent "eviction" is ridiculous.

It's scary how many people lack any sense of perspective. Quite frightening.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57687190

Quote:
ITV has condemned death threats sent to Love Island contestant Chloe Burrows, calling them "wholly unacceptable".

On Wednesday night's show, Burrows chose to recouple with Aaron Francis, leaving Shannon Singh single.

The move resulted in Shannon departing the dating programme, causing people to send threats to Burrows online, with some encouraging her to kill herself.

In a message posted to her Instagram, the 25-year-old's family described the trolling as "absolutely disgusting".

"This morning we woke up to yet another DM [direct message] encouraging Chloe to kill herself - there have been hundreds," they wrote.

"Not only that, but people are flooding her inbox threatening to kill her themselves. People... this is a game show, there is a cash prize!"

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22395892nd Jul 2021 1:56 pm
al cope

England 

All the social media outlets need to start naming the trolls who post this sort of crap. They might not be so quick to post something if they are not anonymous.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #22395932nd Jul 2021 2:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I agree. Certainly, I'd hope the social media companies would assist in identifying these people to the police so they can be given a damn stiff talking to about possible prosecution for being total Censored Censored .
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22395952nd Jul 2021 2:37 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I don’t understand why you don’t have to prove who you are to get social media account. That way under age kids are controlled and so are the sados that post threats etc. It’s not difficult and it would dramatically change behaviour if your traceable.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #22395982nd Jul 2021 3:07 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

all you need is an email address to open a social media account, and you can create as many email addresses as you want. Easiest way is a word plus a number as your email name (and your user name), then just keep incrementing the number. 1 person can end up with thousands of email addresses and social media account, all of which are anonymous and only identifiable via IP address and MAC address.
Social media dont have access to those generally as that is the domain of the internet service providers so it just becomes a massive logistical minefield trying to track down the brave keyboard warriors.

Sadly there are many ways to avoid detection online these days and all the vile Censored know how to play the system.
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #22399885th Jul 2021 7:53 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

whilst there ARE some "clever" people taking steps to avoid being identified, I think the majority are just thickos who have a fake name and don't believe they have to stick to any "norms" as it's "just twitter" (or whatever). Chances of being caught are slim, not just because the police don't seem to care (and we'd all say they have higher priorities ? ), the social media companies are making money from it all and - the biggie - there are so many of these sad Censored s out there that it can be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Hardware.

(who isn't actually called Hardware and lives a mile or so from where he has indicated on the members map)

Post #22399895th Jul 2021 8:12 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

There's a court order stops me visiting the location on my profile Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22399955th Jul 2021 8:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >