Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Land Rover Approved Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Land Rover Approved Warranty

The dealer extended warranty on my D4 expires at the beginning of next month. It qualifies for the LR Approved Extended Warranty as it's under 5 years old and less than75k miles.

I had this on my D3 and it seemed very comprehensive, as it still does. But is there anything that I should be aware of that isn't obvious in the small print?

The cost of the Approved Warranty is now £910, but can it bought cheaper via a friendly main dealer (TLO) ?

What I liked about having the LR warranties in the past was the hassle free service from my main dealer. No faffing about waiting for an assessment etc. that I had with Warranty Direct for example. But for a nearly 4 yr old D4 is there a better alternative?

Post #12470274th Mar 2014 3:10 pm
MarsKy

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

Where have you been: http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic107900.html Smile

As it happens, the Car Care Plan (Land Rover Approved Warranty Administration they are calling themself) brochure just came through my letterbox this afternoon (3 year OEM warranty ends 20th April).
This morning I got my first bong on the instrument panel and a flashing, amber "Adaptive front lighting system" warning.
Coincidence Question
There doesn't seem to be a cheaper Car Care Plan - the dealer gave me the same quote as the website.

I filled in the Warranty Direct quote form yesterday (LuxuryCare). It is cheaper, and you can get up to 3 years extension. DT will tell you it's better than Car Care Plan's, as it covers wear & tear (Car Care Plan doesn't).
But you need to check-out all the Warranty Direct extras like "no betterment", cost with no excess, some get 13 months for cost of 12, main dealer rates/ unlimited labour, airbags and emissions, satnav, alarm & immobiliser, in-car entertainment, breakdown cover if needed.

Some struggle with Warranty Direct (I have in the past). The Car Care Plan + LRA would seem the least hassle, but will you need to haggle over wear and tear?

So, don't know!

Post #12470464th Mar 2014 3:43 pm
MarsKy

Scotland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 4

And just had Warranty Direct on the phone wanting to beat their own online quote.

So:
* Car Care Plan (Land Rover connected but not actually Land Rover) Approved Extended Warranty: £910 or £1060 with LR Assistance
* Warranty Direct Luxury Care
- "no betterment" by default on my car's age & mileage
- main dealer rates
- no excess to pay (said they didn't do that, but when I said some are getting it on the Disco4 forum, he "spoke to his supervisor", and they could do it, and no extra cost)
- wear and tear included
- MOT cover
- sat nav, airbag and emissions, alarm & immobiliser, in-car entertainment
- need to arrange own breakdown cover
- 1 year online = £842, on phone = £750
- 2 years online = £1389, on phone = £1200
- 3 years online = £1936, on phone = £1650

Post #12470854th Mar 2014 5:10 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Embarassed Always forget this part of the forum exists.

I got d**ked about my Warranty Direct with my D3. They said on the telephone that they'd cover the steering arm, but not the suspension part (can't recall what it was now). Turns out they wouldn't cover the streering arm and oddly couldn't trace the phone call. Plus, I don't like the fact that they have to pre-approve any repairs before the work can commence. Can waste at least another day.

I spoke to Nick at Yeovil (TLO) this afternoon. No discounting on LR Warranties.

Post #12470884th Mar 2014 5:18 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The other thing to bear in mind is that there's no paperwork with the LR warranty you just drop your motor off and pick it up as if you were under the OEM warranty ...my dealership even gave me a car while it was in.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #12471484th Mar 2014 6:24 pm
LT

Yeah, having owned by D3 for 6.5 years, I had both types of extended LR Warranty and then Warranty Direct once the mileage got too high to be accepted by LR.

Totally hassle free with LR. Never made a succesful claim with WD. After reading the recent posts on here, I'll be sticking with LR (DT, I know it's only branded etc. Thumbs Up ) Warranty.

When you're self-employed it's worth paying more to save being d*c*ed about when/if you have to make a claim.

Post #12471574th Mar 2014 6:33 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Well I have always had a courtesy car from my dealer and never had to do any paperwork, everything done by very efficient staff in the main dealer. OK you pay up front for the bill but then you get a cheque within a week less any excess.

I must admit that my car is main dealer maintained for everything so when it comes to verifying docs for a warranty claim the dealer has it all on record and it's done by them, may be a different case if you have to dig out your own receipts from various places so can't comment on that.

I bought a 3yr deal up front so now just sitting back with peace of mind watching others squandering money on a more expensive and less comprehensive warranty, all because it has a misleading name to it Whistle Anyway as mentioned on another thread if, you want the exact same warranty as the one with the name on without a name go to the site I put a link to, if that doesn't tell you something then I don't know what will.

And don't forget ADAC for your assistance, recovery and foreign travel, do a search on here for full details, UK is covered by the AA Thumbs Up

Post #12475365th Mar 2014 12:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >