Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

land rover warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
addicted to nurburgring

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

DSL wrote:
Glad I didn't waste my time asking them about aftermarket warranties before I bought 2 Tesco warranties, I'd be a good few thousand pounds poorer! It's a case of finding a dealer/indi that doesn't automatically say "waste of time", actually saying "if you want me to do anything on your car I can't be arsed dealing with anyone new".

The Tesco warranty was exceptional however, it's no longer available as it wasn't commercially viable for the vendor.

The indie I spoke to was speaking about his experiences with many different warranty companies such as WD, AA, WW etc etc. When I dropped my car off, he was on the phone to the AA trying to get approval for a customers claim that he believed was valid. The call had lasted for over an hour in duration as he was pushed from customer services to engineers who kept saying the claim would not be honored as it was deemed as wear and tear by the insurer.

He went onto say that a large % of the issues are electrical and many 3rd party warranties do not cover this.

Like with any decision, you have to do your own due diligence.
 Current:
2014 RRS 3.0 HSE
Porsche 997 GT3
BMW 118d SE
Past:
D4 HSE 3.0 TDV6 Auto
D3 HSE 2.7 TDV6 Auto 

Post #6135443rd Mar 2010 12:12 pm
GSLRO

England 

Did online quote with Warranty Direct, quoted silly money £880, well I thought silly anyway. Fortunately I did put my phone number on the online querry. They rang me 3 /4 days later said they would do it for £550 for the Extra Care policy. I said I would think about it.

They called me back 2 /3 days later and offered the Luxury Care for the same money ... ... I said oh alright go on then ... after speaking with LR Team Valley who accept Warranty Direct policies.

Also as my LR extended had not ran out and got service and MOT at LR I do not lose out on the 90 day wear and tear.

Wait it out, is my advice! Simples but remember about the wear and tear if you policy is about to run out. Start looking about early.

George Thumbs Up
 Club N.E.R.D.s  
Post #6138023rd Mar 2010 5:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Trevor

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

There's another "kid on the block" backed up by Quentin Wilson called Warrantywise. Prices and terms seem to be very good.

Post #6138193rd Mar 2010 6:08 pm
richodlf

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

WD rang me today and offered me Lux care for 13 months at £550 i need to find out if its all singing and dancing i:e covers everything on my car.......any comments Thumbs Up

Post #6154785th Mar 2010 6:23 pm
GSLRO

England 

On paper looks as good as manufacturer warranty ... the proof will be in (the) any claim! Mind you the battles I've had with a certain LR 'stealer' when it has come to claims could it be any worse! Bow down Bow down Bow down
 Club N.E.R.D.s  
Post #6155735th Mar 2010 9:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discovery3Newbie

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

richodlf interesting you had a quote from WD for Lux 550, they have just quoted me 629.

I also rang Warranty Wise and they are 824, but they say they cover all mechanical, all electrical and all electronic Parts, where as WD only cover 200 odd parts.

Its 200 quid more but they seem to cover more, but thats a sales woman talking.

Does that seem to ring true ?

I dont know what to do Banging Head

Post #62607323rd Mar 2010 8:22 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >