DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

MANUFACTURERS WARRNTY AND EXTENDED WARRANTY URGENT QUESTION
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Foxy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
MANUFACTURERS WARRNTY AND EXTENDED WARRANTY URGENT QUESTION

hi all

i have a disco 3 hse yr 06 had it from new 106k miles fairly trouble free!! last yr under manufacturers warranty main dealers in chelmsford supposedly replaced tie bars / track rods and bushes because of play and carried out wheel alignment all done under warranty so no quibble...until now!!!!13 months on car has gone into different main dealer for gearbox / transmission wobble and fluctuating rev counter etc etc ...well it is a landy after all!! and lo and behold up comes tie bars / track rods excessive play need replacing...this time not covered under extended warranty, has only covered 25k all motorway miles since replacemnt in april 09...am i missing something here or what???

before i tackle land rover customer help desk i wondered if anyone on here has had success fighting for work originally done under manufacturers warrant but not covered under extended???

please all feedback constructive or sniggeringly will be appreciated...ok only constructive will be appreciated but latter, kept to a minimum will help to amuse me Smile

cheers
foxy

Post #65040218th May 2010 1:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

stop shouting... Wink

think you'll find that parts replaced under warranty are only covered for 3 months.... i may be wrong..
 one wife.......livid  
Post #65040518th May 2010 1:44 pm
Foxy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Not good answer but a start...I only shout cos' me eyesights gone and I can see what I'm typing ha ha Smile

Post #65041218th May 2010 1:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wilsonmg

England 

I'd take a copy of the work recommended from the new dealers to the old dealers service department and question what was changed under the original warranty work. I would expect a lot more that 25k from the new parts I would not except them telling me that they are only covered for 3 months, so I would question their workmanship if it came to it ?

Thing to consider it could require a transmission 'flush' (especially if its an automatic), as bods on here have used it to cure gearbox gremlin's. You never know the new dealer might be just grasping at straw's and recomending the work that has already taken place (without them knowing). .

Take a reasonable approach with the dealers and you should get it sorted under warranty Thumbs Up

Failing that, switch to plan B.

SHOUT AS LOUD AS YOU CAN, ESPECIALLY IN THE SHOWROOM. . I FIND THIS TENDS TO WORK Thumbs Up

Although could get you assrested Laughing
 Still miss my D3 Sad  
Post #65046818th May 2010 3:56 pm
zarnd

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Anything replaced under manufacturers warranty does not then get it's own warranty. So down to you now, unless the original dealer will do you some good will

cheers
 Alex

2007 D3 TDV6 HSE
2009 Caterham Supersport
2005 FFRR Vogue SE 4.2 Supercharged
2004 SL55 AMG 

Post #65480330th May 2010 6:38 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Agreed, that's my understanding. Strict warranty liability is up to the 3 year mark, if (say) an EGR valve is replaced the day before warranty dies and it fails the day after, tough - it's not covered.

PS replacing suspension bits & bobs after 25k miles is about par for the course, they aren't know for longevity. Sad

Post #65480730th May 2010 6:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >