Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Millers Diesel Power Sport 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Millers Diesel Power Sport 4

I had a quick look on the RRS forum and somebody had bought some Miller Diesel Power Sport 4. It seems to have a good write up so I bought some and put it in the tank today.

Has anybody else tried this or have I just blown £11.99 for nothing.

Post #22516317th Nov 2007 8:57 pm
discod

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Miller Diesel Power

have you noticed any improvement in performance ?
 TurboChipped 2006 DISCO SE in JAVA Black with BlackLogo's and Black Centre Wheel Caps

G4 Mountain Bike 

Post #22518017th Nov 2007 11:25 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Nope, not yet. Mind you I have only done 25miles and it says you may have to drive 250 miles before you notice a difference.

I'll let you know what happens, especially the fuel consumption.

Post #22518317th Nov 2007 11:43 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Millers Diesel Power Sport 4

countrywide wrote:
I had a quick look on the RRS forum and somebody had bought some Miller Diesel Power Sport 4. It seems to have a good write up so I bought some and put it in the tank today.

Has anybody else tried this or have I just blown £11.99 for nothing.

Hopefully for £11.99p it will do exactly what it says on the tin!! Wink

I've read good reviews of Miller products on another Forum - what is their Diesel Power Sport 4 supposed to do?

Post #22536718th Nov 2007 8:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
countrywide

I used to use the Millers 10W 60 oil in the Alfa and it seemed pretty good. The Diesel Power 4 is meant to do the following

INCREASES POWER
Independent tests show increases of up to 17.5% BHP
- REDUCES EMISSIONS
Independent tests show:
• Up to 70% less exhaust smoke
• Up to 20% less carbon emissions
- INCREASES MPG
Practical trials show up to 7% economy improvements
- CLEANS INJECTORS
• Keeps injectors and piston crowns clean

Have to wait and see if it does.

Post #22537518th Nov 2007 9:46 pm
philhunt

Millers

countrywide wrote:
I used to use the Millers 10W 60 oil in the Alfa and it seemed pretty good. The Diesel Power 4 is meant to do the following

INCREASES POWER
Independent tests show increases of up to 17.5% BHP
- REDUCES EMISSIONS
Independent tests show:
• Up to 70% less exhaust smoke
• Up to 20% less carbon emissions
- INCREASES MPG
Practical trials show up to 7% economy improvements
- CLEANS INJECTORS
• Keeps injectors and piston crowns clean

Have to wait and see if it does.

Blimey - if it does half of that it's a snip at £11.99! Wink

Keep us posted Thumbs Up

Post #22537618th Nov 2007 9:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dukes

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

17.5% BHP increase no chance, only if your injectors were so clogged in the 1st place...a couple of capfulls of meths will do the same thing!

Post #22538118th Nov 2007 10:01 pm
philhunt

Meths

dukes wrote:
17.5% BHP increase no chance, only if your injectors were so clogged in the 1st place...a couple of capfulls of meths will do the same thing!

That sounds like a traditional remedy! What does it do and how does it work?
Question

Post #22543419th Nov 2007 12:51 am
dukes

Wouldt reccomend it actualy! They add solvents to remove debris from the fuel system also to boost the fuel burn hence bigger bang...more power, but claims of 15% power increase would be more than noticable instantly not after 250 miles...this must refer to an engine that would have been so clogged up in the 1st place that it had probably already lost 20% power? The best way is to chip the ecu (if you havent already) youll get your money back on fuel ecconomy. Superchips are best in my opinion as there software and dyno's are the most upto date plus you get a money back warantee, furthermore should land rover de-chip which they may if they add a patch during the service, then you would get it re-mapped free of charge. Very Happy Very Happy

Post #22573019th Nov 2007 10:04 pm
countrywide

Thanks for the info, so basically I may as well have chucked £10 into the tank and got the same result.

Oh well, never mind I won't buy another bottle. That would explain why I didn't take the Porsche at the lights this morning Very Happy

Post #22573519th Nov 2007 10:17 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I've used Millers Diesel Power Plus on my last car (156 2.4JTD). Would dose the tank every now and then to keep the injectors clean and would see a small improvement in MPG (varying between 5% 7%). Usually there would be a fair bit of smoke for the first 50 miles after dosing, then it would settle down. Car was chipped (uprated suspension and brakes too) and went through 2 MOTs with comments from the garage of "no idea how your emissions are so low with that on it". They used to rather enjoy having my car in and would always give a "thorough" test drive after any work (with my blessing; they were true Alfa enthusiasts).

I've used this (Millers Sport) now and then in the unchipped D3 and see similar behaviour (more smoke for perhaps 50 miles when on full throttle) but MPG improvement is more marginal to the point I wouldn't be confident to say there was an improvement I could attribute to the product rather than driving variation.

Millers state the product bosts cetane (combustibility, the diesel equivalent of octane) and enhances lubricity, so helping the pump/injectors on high pressure systems. I'm happy to use it from time to time to keep the fuel system clean, but any dreams of sub 10 second 0-60 will only be realised with a remap/chip.

Closest comparison is dosing your tank with this against a tank of "premium" diesel. Premium diesel costs an extra 6-7p a litre, so perhaps a fiver a tank, whereas dosing your tank with this costs £2 per fill.

To clean you fuel system every now and then Thumbs Up

To beat a Cupra R off the lights Rolling with laughter
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22574119th Nov 2007 10:37 pm
countrywide

To be honest I was aiming at the mpg figure.

Post #22574719th Nov 2007 10:47 pm
dukes

countrywide wrote:
Thanks for the info, so basically I may as well have chucked £10 into the tank and got the same result.

Oh well, never mind I won't buy another bottle. That would explain why I didn't take the Porsche at the lights this morning Very Happy

A £10 note in the tank would definately block the injectors!

Post #22575919th Nov 2007 11:20 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

countrywide wrote:
To be honest I was aiming at the mpg figure.

The odd tank treated with Millers should help keep your car's MPG at its optimum, but I don't think you'll see enough of an MPG gain to warrant using it at every fill up. Mind you, there are some on here getting 30mpg while I get 24. The disparity is partly due to tyres, partly due to the amount of hilly, windy country lanes I drive, partly my driving style and partly the car itself (no two D3s are going to be identical in the way they drive). Certainly when I get the (rare) chance to sit on the motorway I see a marked improvement in MPG.
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22580520th Nov 2007 12:33 am
SPOTTER

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I am a keen fan of the Miller products.....

have to say though since moving to common rail LR's I haven't seen any mpg gains form using the miller additives. However as ND says, it does keep things cleaner used every so often...............and perceptibly smoother running.

However these clever computery things do negate most efforts I feel. Just tried two tanks of Shell V Power (Diesel before you ask) and have now returned my two worst ever mpg results over my normal daily routes Confused Confused Confused ...ther was however next to zero smoke on fast takeoffs which was a pleasant change 8)
 end of an era ....... maybe a Defender when it appears.......  
Post #22584220th Nov 2007 10:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >