Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Moderator please close thread - thank you
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alex0264

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4
Moderator please close thread - thank you

Some of you will have seen my tiresome posts on another thread regarding suspension issues, and I am beyond the point of being at my witts end with it all. I have absolutely no faith in any garage being able to resolve the issue, and I am just so desparate to get this resolved you would not believe.

For the last two days I've managed to get the car riding nicely again, which was following a complete power down of the EAS system (2 fuses in EJB and 1 fuse in CJB) for around an hour and a half, whilst I reassembled all the trim that I took out following the sunroof drain leak. This was not to last though, and after an hour or so of driving it really was the worst it's ever been - I can only describe it as an air suspension system that's fit to blow it was so hard. Pre-EAS power down it was the complete opposite and felt like it was riding on the bump stops. I should add that through all of these events, the heights do not deviate from 466mm and 485mm respectively, and this was stopping the car and measuring immediately.

I connected my GAP tool to see if I could see anything, and noticed that it was having trouble connecting and showing a warning for 'no connection with highspeed CAN'. Now I know the EAS communicates on the highspeed CAN, and I am absolutely positive there is a damaged wire somewhere that is either shorting out, or having some kind of issue with high resistance when getting wet. Unfortunately, it never gives me any kind of fault code. A couple of times recently I've seen a message flash up really quickly when stopping the engine, something to do with 'stability unavailable' or something along those lines. The only thing I haven't done is taken out the N/S/F arch lining, as I've heard there are some connectors / wires here that can get damaged and cause suspension issues?

Apologies for the repetition with this subject, believe me I am absolutely sick to death of it. I cannot tell you the shear anger and stress this car has caused me (it is seriously taking it's toll on my health), but I've come so far and spent so much that I feel getting rid of it is not an option. I'm also concerned that I cannot keep driving it like this, as effectively it's destroying itself through banging around everywhere. If there is anyone that any of you know of in Somerset where I can go, please please let me know. I contacted that Bodsy chap previously and never got a response.

Thank you in advance (if you've managed to get this far)

Last edited by alex0264 on 21st Dec 2023 11:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #23552767th Dec 2023 10:24 pm
Carl and Petra

France 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Well.. I may be well off the mark here as all my learning is trial and error.

But, if you has water ingress issues and your suspensions is failing and you now suspect the water ingress to have affected the CANbus wiring i would first get a good torch and light and get down in anywhere the water may have gone to see if there is any indication of entry to connectors. Rain water can dry very well leaving little trace so should that be a bust my next step would be to jump the CANbus wiring.
Each sensor back to base runs two wires so i would get a nice long wire and run from sensor to socket effectively by passing any where that could be an issue.
A right pain.
(Or....go coils?).

I may well be wrong as i know nothing!

Best of luck. I hope you get a resolution.

Post #23552807th Dec 2023 11:35 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: No connection with highspeed CAN (plea for help literally)

alex0264 wrote:
I reassembled all the trim that I took out following the sunroof drain leak.

Where in the cabin was the sunroof leaking into, ie. what corner?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #23552928th Dec 2023 2:29 am
alex0264

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

It was leaking in the passenger footwell. The rubber elbow had a split in it. I have since sold the car.

Post #235657021st Dec 2023 11:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >