Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Motorway Direct Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
arnie8

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Motorway Direct Warranty

I have just spent best part of 30 minutes on the phone to a guy from Motorway Direct who has offered me what seem like a reasonable deal. They got my details from me having used Nationwide Autocentres to do some work on my vehicle recently.

My motor is a 56 plate TDV6 manual with 42k miles. They have offered me their top "Prestige 5*" cover package.

I haven't received the written details yet, but here is what he offered to me.

Excess on any claim is £75. Any single claim is limited upto £3000. You can make as many claims as you like upto the market value of your vehicle. It includes £50/day hire car for upto 7 days. 60 days Euro cover along with £50/night Hotel or Train fare while vehicle is recovered by them.

What's NOT covered is usual wear & tear stuff like brake pads, exhaust, wiper blades, Suspension rubber bushes, shocks etc..

What IS covered was pretty much everything else including Ball joints, steering arms and joints, wheel bearings, gearbox, engine. Plus emphasis was made that if a critical component failed then ALL affected damaged parts would be covered. Even included aircon and most of electrical system.

The thing that attracts me is that the costs are based on a monthly fee and not for any specific period. The only caveat was that you needed to have held cover for a minimum if 30 days prior to making a claim.

The cost quoted to me was £24.62 per month, which sounds reasonable (< £300/year) and you could stop it after 2 months or 3 months or etc....

I have the 2nd MOT coming up in 2 months time and it may be worth having this in place for when we hear what needs fixing, get it fixed under warranty then consider cancelling for next 10 months. OK I realise 2 months subs and excess of £75 is best part of £125 for my contribution for any claim, but try getting the Stealers to check your oil for this money and you'll be lucky.

What do you think??
Anyone had experience of this company??
Are there better deals out there??

Post #67108412th Jul 2010 7:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >